Flight List is empty?
1514 16 2016-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jim
lvl.1

United States

New Inspire 1 V2, third flight this morning.  Opened the flight list to poke around and its completely empty.  Am I missing a setting somewhere for this to be logged?  I've searched the forum here, Google and Youtube, but nothing I can find addresses this.  Using Ipad Air 2 Wifi, does this function need my phone hotspot?

Empty Flight Log

Empty Flight Log
2016-8-9
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Try the "sync" button, top right of your screen.
2016-8-9
Use props
jim
lvl.1

United States

markaguille Posted at 2016-8-9 12:24
Try the "sync" button, top right of your screen.

I did, several times.  Synch shows success when finished too.
2016-8-9
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

jim@recreationa Posted at 2016-8-9 17:30
I did, several times.  Synch shows success when finished too.

Mine is doing the same. Just had a look and no flights in mine either.
2016-8-9
Use props
jim
lvl.1

United States

markaguille Posted at 2016-8-9 12:34
Mine is doing the same. Just had a look and no flights in mine either.

I guess I don't understand how this portion of the software works.  I would think if your flying with gps, and the rc knows where you are flying at, why wouldn't this be recorded automatically?  Interesting, so if your flying daily, you basically should synch daily?  My first flight was sun evening, followed by one yesterday and one this morning.  But I hadn't tried synch unitil today.
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Even if you're flying in Atti mode, you would still see a flight record. To clarify, have you uninstalled and reinstalled your Go app lately? You were using the Go app during flight and not a 3rd party app, correct?
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-10 04:40
Even if you're flying in Atti mode, you would still see a flight record. To clarify, have you uninst ...

DJI Jamie - I just downloaded the DJI Go app last week.  I have not uninstalled / reinstalled it.  No 3rd party apps installed, I'm certainly not ready for that yet!
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jim@recreationa Posted at 2016-8-10 07:30
DJI Jamie - I just downloaded the DJI Go app last week.  I have not uninstalled / reinstalled it.   ...

That does seem odd. Do you use the DJI Go app with some sort of internet connection? Try reinstalling the DJI and arm the motors to see if a flight log is generated.
2016-8-10
Use props
jim
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-10 11:23
That does seem odd. Do you use the DJI Go app with some sort of internet connection? Try reinstall ...

DJI Jamie - Does it need an internet connection for this to work?  I just have the Ipad Air 2 plugged into the RC with the cord as I've seen everyone else do.  I'll try that and get back to you shortly.
2016-8-10
Use props
jim
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-10 11:23
That does seem odd. Do you use the DJI Go app with some sort of internet connection? Try reinstall ...

DJI Jamie - Reinstalled the app and now I DO have a flight log.  I then synched the record, which took much longer previously when I clicked on it.  When I click on the individual record though, the app crashes.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jim@recreationa Posted at 2016-8-11 00:27
DJI Jamie - Does it need an internet connection for this to work?  I just have the Ipad Air 2 plug ...

A stable internet connection is what's needed to properly sync the records to the cloud, but not to necessarily populate the flight record in the first place. It may have been a download issue initially that kept the logs from appearing, since you were able to get one to show up after reinstalling. To clarify, are you using cellular data or just a WiFi connection to sync the log?
2016-8-10
Use props
jim
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-10 13:51
A stable internet connection is what's needed to properly sync the records to the cloud, but not t ...

DJI  - Jamie

Normally I would synch from home using high speed internet.  Today used hotspot on my phone though.  What about the app crashing when clicking on the record to view it?  Uninstall / install again?  Ipad was updated right out of the box before I downloaded the app last week.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jim@recreationa Posted at 2016-8-11 03:48
DJI  - Jamie

Normally I would synch from home using high speed internet.  Today used hotspot on m ...

Do you happen to have any additional programs running in the background that could be taking some CPU space? I would recommend power cycling your device and try another internet source to see if it alleviates the issues. Do you also have ample memory on your iPad? Which model do you have?
2016-8-10
Use props
jim
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-10 15:34
Do you happen to have any additional programs running in the background that could be taking some  ...

No apps running in background.  Just did 2 quick hops out front of the hangar.  Each flight taking a pic and a video.  Those show up and the app doesn't crash when I view them.  The previous one from earlier today still crashes the app for some reason.  Must be something about that particular file then.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jim@recreationa Posted at 2016-8-11 06:33
No apps running in background.  Just did 2 quick hops out front of the hangar.  Each flight taking ...

I would concur. At this time all other flight logs are playing back normally, correct? It sounds like you're good to go.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-13 02:20
I would concur. At this time all other flight logs are playing back normally, correct? It sounds l ...

DJI Jamie - Yes, the newer files all play back just fine.  Glad to have that worked out.  Thanks for your assistance!
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jim@recreationa Posted at 2016-8-13 08:42
DJI Jamie - Yes, the newer files all play back just fine.  Glad to have that worked out.  Thanks f ...

You're welcome.
2016-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules