FC40 - Out of the Box GPS issue?
1416 4 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim.warth.email
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

Just unboxed an FC40 and I'm having an issue with GPS mode. Simply put, it won't go into it.

When I use the Naza software and go to the Advanced / IOC page, it will not allow me to enable it and select an IOC mode. At the bottom of the page it says "GPS Needed." However, if I shut the RC off... the "GPS needed" disappears and I can select the mode. As soon as I turn the RC on, it greys out again and I cannot select it.

When powering the copter up, it gives the "Ok" beeps, but continiously blinks single yellow LED. Toggling the mode switch repeatedly to align the compass doesn't work either.

I've updated the MC and RC software to latest.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something during initial set-up, etc?

Thanks much,

TW
2015-1-27
Use props
Slang10.videotr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37884 ft
Canada

'm just wondering if I'm missing something during initial set-up, etc?

Out of the box the GPS should work ! Nothing to do ...
2015-1-28
Use props
woodyonboard.ya
lvl.1

United States

Is the S1 switch in the upmost position?  Also sometimes when connected to computer the GPS warning pops up if the Phantom is too close to the computer or something else causing interference.  Try moving the Phantom farther away from the computer.
2015-1-28
Use props
tim.warth.email
lvl.2
United States

- Switch 1 is up most.
- No interference issues that I can tell. The NAZA software says "GPS needed." Like the board isn't seen?

Thanks for the suggestions
2015-1-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could be a bad TX or switch on the TX.
I'm assuming that naza messages is chinglish for "this thing has not gotten GPS data before and thinks it's in s. africa (the default).
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules