Inspire 1 Questions
1508 14 2016-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi

I have just aquired a new Inspire pro and have a couple of questions.

1. Should the motor's shut off when the throttle stick is pulled right  back? this seems very dangerous and had I not found this by mistake I  could have crashed as it literally shuts the motors off instantly.

2. Is battery calibration the same as battery conditioning?

3. Where do I find the relevewnt tech info over setting Homepoint?

4. Does using flight mode inhibit RTH?

It seems a great peice of kit if the battery was not DOA.

Thanks

Sean

2016-8-11
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

1. yes motors shut off when on the ground, BUT NOT IN THE AIR.
2. Yes same thing.
3. & 4. : http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro-and-raw/info#downloads
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The motors would only disarm when the aircraft recognized that it has landed on solid ground. The throttle down method would not disarm the motors in the air. Yes the battery calibration and conditioning are the same thing. Please follow the link Cougar1 provided for the Inspire 1 Pro manual in order to find the various ways that the Home Point can be established. No, the intelligent flight modes do not effect the RTH function.

For the battery issue, have you already been in contact with your dealer or the Europe Support team to get this addressed? In what way is the battery DOA?
2016-8-11
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 17:45
The motors would only disarm when the aircraft recognized that it has landed on solid ground. The th ...

Thanks for the responses, the battery is completely dead, nothing, no lights, zero response after a few hours on charge.
My dealer has shipped a replacement.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-12 04:04
Thanks for the responses, the battery is completely dead, nothing, no lights, zero response after a ...

Good to hear it's getting addressed, thank you for the update. You will be up and running in no time.
2016-8-11
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 21:32
Good to hear it's getting addressed, thank you for the update. You will be up and running in no ti ...

A couple 0f further questions not addressed in the manual.

What is hardware decode?

Does home point get set automatically with GPS connection? Can it be altered after take off if no green light? Or reset but not dynamically or would you use dynamic setting if a problem occurred?

Lastly for now ;-)) if you custom set the C1 or C2 button to something other than default will you still get pitch and yaw control if held down? Thanks again

Sean
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-12 04:57
A couple 0f further questions not addressed in the manual.

What is hardware decode?

Hardware Decode is for iOS devices only. It's meant to be used with iOS devices that have an A8 processor or higher in order to help allocate processing power. It generally helps with performance. When you start the unit and it establishes a GPS lock, it would create a home point. That home point would be updated when you arm the motors in GPS lock as well. The dynamic home point options are only possible when there is a solid GPS connection for both the aircraft and RC. You should see yaw and pitch options in the C1/C2 mapping section, but it would be limited when dealing with the master controller.
2016-8-11
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 22:24
Hardware Decode is for iOS devices only. It's meant to be used with iOS devices that have an A8 pr ...

Thanks for the info.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

You're welcome. Please let me know if you run into any additional questions or concerns.
2016-8-12
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-12 15:49
You're welcome. Please let me know if you run into any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks Jamie

A new problem

Got flying and the video is blurred so landed and re calibrated the camera, set A to f5,6 auto iso and off I go no problems sharp video. Today checked the usual and took off video again OOF so landed rechecked set to MF and infinity A5,6 etc took off, some what concerned that all the settings had been lost. landed put in 2nd battery took off video all blurry again so landed and all the settings were lost as previously, so how do i save and keep the settings, because I am losing so much flying time just setting the camera.

Thanks
Sean
2016-8-13
Use props
taborproduction
lvl.1

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-8-11 23:39
1. yes motors shut off when on the ground, BUT NOT IN THE AIR.
2. Yes same thing.
3. & 4. : http://w ...

Interesting. In my office, I can start the motors(no props) then simulate a take off(pick it up) and the gear retracts automatically(normal) but then I can move left stick max left/down and the motors stop. Gear up.

I wouldn't do this in flight on purpose...But...... What if?
2016-8-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

taborproduction Posted at 2016-8-15 02:21
Interesting. In my office, I can start the motors(no props) then simulate a take off(pick it up) a ...

To clarify, you did not place the aircraft back on the ground? Was the unit still being held firmly without moving it during the throttle down command?
2016-8-15
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-13 19:41
Thanks Jamie

A new problem

Hi Jamie any feed back re the camera issue?
2016-8-17
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-13 19:41
Thanks Jamie

A new problem

I think I have found a solution to the Camera settings issue
To kep the previous settings I shut down and launch as follows.

Switch on Drone, Switch on Controller then load app.

Shut down

Close app close fully on Iphone etc the app, switch off controller, switch off Drone, remove battery and restart using the start sequence above and all settings remain.
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-18 18:43
I think I have found a solution to the Camera settings issue
To kep the previous settings I shut d ...

I do apologize for the late response. As you indicated, there should be no reason as to why the camera settings are not saved. It does require that the unit is turned off in that manner in order to save properly. It's very similar to shutting down a computer, where you would want to shut down any running programs and accessories before the main machine.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules