What is the truth about the P3P FW update to 1.9.60
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cbgeorge2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2330492 ft

United States

I am getting so many mixed stories about people who got the new  1.9.60 FW update. I have  seen post that  they had no issues,  and seen a lot post that their bird  wont accend or decend as fast  and wont fly no where near as far  because reduced power. Are there any hidden degrades in the FW? I know  it suppose to include geofencing too
WTF is the real truth? maybe someone with DJI will   reply and  tell the real truth on what is going on. I been afraid to update  because seen so many posters having negative results with the new FW.

2016-8-11
Use props
UCLABruins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488904 ft

United States

If your bird is flying great, why feel the urge to update? You're not getting any new and improved flight functionality. Just keep what you have. If you're adventurous, go for it. If it bricks, send it to DJI.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello cbgeorge2000,it is recommended to keep the firmware up to date to ensure the user experience. But actually you can choose update or not.
2016-8-11
Use props
cbgeorge2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2330492 ft

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-12 11:45
Hello cbgeorge2000,it is recommended to keep the firmware up to date to ensure the user experience. ...

Does the new FW have secret downgrades that shorten range or ascend/ descend speeds? I never did get a clear answer on that.
2016-10-4
Use props
stavrossid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334570 ft

No one will give you a clear answer.I have a P3s and in every update the range becomes worse and there is no clear answer.
In places where I flew up to 800-900m now I fly up to 300...If a wanted to fly to 300 I would buy a clone with half the cost.
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules