Lost video connection after press shutter button
1306 15 2016-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyphoto.mig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2022415 ft
Portugal

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
When i press the  shutter button, i lose the image from the Phantom for about 5/10 sec.  Then apears the DJI logo and after that i have the video link again.
It´s not from the sd card, its the one i usualy have, and i try with others,
it´s not from the strength of  the video link because if i dont press the shutter (photo or video) i still get the image.
It's not from the tablet because i tried whit 2 different ones.
Trye to shoot in RAW, JPG, JPG+RAW and video, all the same... lose the video and the images do not record in the card

Thanks
2016-8-15
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

I'm trying to lock this down as well, P3S I have been getting video signal with no real issue..I switched to still images and after every shot I loose RC connection for upto 10 seconds..
this unit was just RMA last month was repaired or replaced and is on it fourth flight..grrr
2016-8-15
Use props
skyphoto.mig
lvl.2
Portugal

And you also don't have the pictures on the sd card?
2016-8-15
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

The images are showing up on card..just loosing signal after each shot..
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-8-16 01:14
The images are showing up on card..just loosing signal after each shot..

Losing signal or just the screen goes dark?
If you shoot a photo in JPEG is it fine?
What device are you using? I'm guessing it doesn't have enough processing power to process RAW photos quickly.
Regardless, even with a new iPad, when taking RAW there's going to be a lag as the camera needs to process as that camera needs to process that huge file.
2016-8-15
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

P3S android - top bar goes red and then pops back green..writing an image to chip should not effect connection and control?? I can see video link but not connection bars...which I lost couple times..
Last flight 2 weeks ago was way more stable and had no issues..in a dense neighborhood.

I'm using Samsung S5 and not had any problems like this one before 'DJIGO' device update..I also use airplane mode when flying..kill all other apps etc..the spot/wall I was standing by had some magnetic issues
but I was having no issue with the video at 1500'

I'm going back to 1.5.7 and seeing if that changes anything.
cheers
D
2016-8-15
Use props
skyphoto.mig
lvl.2
Portugal

Hi Ken
I still have the DJIGO screen, but it goes dark on the video link, and the round botton of the photo get´s the circular like when its recording to the card. then almost at the end appears the DJI logo, and after 2/3 seconds the image came back but do not record the image.
It happens with the JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW and when click the record shutter also.When record the video, the image stops when i press the shutter, goes dark, then when apears the red square on the DJI App, stops almost immediately and also do not record
It happen also with different SD cards, and tablets and phones (S6 edge and Tab A)
I have a Samsung Tab S2 and have never had problems with it. It«s a good tablet, no lag, always ok with the Phanto and DJIgo.
Plus, i was on a flight when it start to happen, the firs 5 min everything ok, then it start to fail. So it wasent even  between batteries changes.
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

skyphoto.mig Posted at 2016-8-16 04:06
Hi Ken
I still have the DJIGO screen, but it goes dark on the video link, and the round botton of th ...

Which drone do you use? If it is a phantom 3 pro/adv, I'd suggest you to replug these 2 cables and try again. Normally when we take a photo, the DJI logo shouldn't appear. 6pin和8pin线.JPG
2016-8-15
Use props
skyphoto.mig
lvl.2

i also thought that that it will be the case... and i already try it... but ill try again.
I'll get back to you again.
2016-8-16
Use props
skyphoto.mig
lvl.2

No, all the same.
Try it again, and still the same
2016-8-16
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

1.5.7 did the trick for me...seems to improve almost everything..
2016-8-25
Use props
Droneczar
lvl.1
United States

I am now having this problem with phantom 4 pro. Any advice? I have hdmi output module and everything is fully updated.
2017-8-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Droneczar Posted at 2017-8-4 16:08
I am now having this problem with phantom 4 pro. Any advice? I have hdmi output module and everything is fully updated.

The problem can be traced to the SD card. If the card is not writing quickly enough, it causes this effect. If the card is one you have been using for some time, copy off all the photos and movies then format the card in the aircraft, if it is another card, then perhaps it is not fast enough for the job.
2017-8-4
Use props
Droneczar
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-4 16:54
The problem can be traced to the SD card. If the card is not writing quickly enough, it causes this effect. If the card is one you have been using for some time, copy off all the photos and movies then format the card in the aircraft, if it is another card, then perhaps it is not fast enough for the job.

Ok, thank you so much. I didn't have this problem for the first few times, but the last three flights have had it. I will try formatting. I am using Transcend Premium 400x micro SDXC. I will try formatting, but I have also ordered a newer faster card as well. Thanks for the advice! I hope it works
2017-8-5
Use props
Droneczar
lvl.1
United States

Droneczar Posted at 2017-8-5 06:46
Ok, thank you so much. I didn't have this problem for the first few times, but the last three flights have had it. I will try formatting. I am using Transcend Premium 400x micro SDXC. I will try formatting, but I have also ordered a newer faster card as well. Thanks for the advice! I hope it works

so I did a full format of the card on my laptop then formatted it in the drone itself. I still had the problem, but then I hit the "Reset all camera settings" button in the dji go app and have not had the problem since. That is so weird! Do you guys think this could at all be related to the issue I am having where when I try to connect any HDMI device, the video feed goes totally wacko with green bars even when I am not using the shutter or anything? I won't be able to test that until Monday when I get back home.
2017-8-5
Use props
Droneczar
lvl.1
United States

OK guys. I fixed my issue. I don't know if this will do it for everyone but I am praising God I found this! DJI did not have a solution. I was having this camera shutter and connectivity issue as well as an issue where any HDMI connection caused horrible signal degradation of the video from the drone... I formatted the card but still had both issues. I then RELINKED my RC to my drone. I still had the issue. I then went into the DJI GO App camera settings and hit Reset All Camera Settings. Then both issues were fixed!!!!!!!!!! Give it a try!

I am guessing that the HDMI output module somehow has a glitch in how it communicates camera instructions???? WHo knows but I am so happy it works now. Now I can use my HDMI goggles and my ipad at the same time
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules