Flight records different on different devices
2107 27 2016-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

So ive had my P3A for a few months now and have been flying almost entirely with my Galaxy note 5. yesterday my school hadnded out ipads, and i received one. so today i flew my phantom. i flew what the app would consider 2 flights. i had my ipad sync with the cloud, then my note, then the ipad again, and the note once more, that way theyd be up to date with each other.... but the records are different on each device. Ive also noticed there are now multiple screens with different names on top. So the first one on both devices is bilzc10 (thats me), and the info is mostly right but slightly different.on the note i have 88 flights, 199,414 ft travel distance, 6 hours and 26 minutes flight time, 17,441ft top distance, a top takeoff elevation of 192 ft, and a top speed of 62.3 mph. on the ipad its 82 flights, 199,364 ft total distance, 6hr 25min flight time, 17,436ft top distance, 268 top takeoff alt, and a top speed of 42mph. Except for the speed theyre very similar, but the problem is, one of them is wrong..
The next issue is the tabs. on my galaxy there are 3 tabs. the first one is bilzc10, we wnt over that, the next is called 'mike'. i dont know who mike is. mike has the same growth of value, 82 flights, 180,713ft travel distance, 6hr 1min total flight time, the same top distance,the same top takeoff alt, and top speed. that cant be the ipad. 'mike' has a picture of a p3a as the pic, unlike my standard silhouette of a human. the 3rd on my note is CSADT, has 26min flight time 18,701 total distance, 6 flights, 12.690ft top distance, 0 top alt, and a top speed of 54 mph. it has an icon of a screwdriver and wrench. CSADT might be my ipad, but i dont know what CSADT means, ive only startd the motors twice with it, ive only flown 13,018 ft with the ipad making the total distance wrong, and thr top takeoff alt cant be. also my top speed was only aabout 40 mph, not 54.
one the ipad i have 3, blizc10, weve visted that one, CSADT again with the same p3a pic as mike, 76 flights, 180,668ft, 6hr flight time, and the same top distance, max takeoff alt, and top speed as listed in my description of the ipad version of bilzc10. Then there is one more, also called CSADT with the same pic as CSADT from on my note, as well as the same amount of flights, but the total distance is 18,696ft, and 25 min flight time. the top distance is 12,687 ft, it lists a max takeoff alt of 51 ft, and a top speed of 37mph.
now one thing i noticed playing around with the flight settings on my ipad is that 'Device Name' is set to CSADT. i dont know what this means. ive never seen a menu like this on my note, and i didnt set any names to mike. Its kind of weird.
Sorry for such a big wall of text, but id like some help getting this sorted out. thanks.

2016-8-18
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Honestly it is hard to read with no paragraphs or proper punctuations. You'll get more readers and replies if you can edit it some. Just trying to be helpful being on forums for awhile, and making a post more enjoyable to read gets more results.
2016-8-18
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-8-18 18:30
Honestly it is hard to read with no paragraphs or proper punctuations. You'll get more readers and r ...

i did break it up into paragraphs. I can space it up a bit more. And other than some run on sentances i think i did good on puncuation.
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Bilzc10, what are the app version on note 5 and ipad? If it is convenient, could you please provide some screenshots of this issue? Did somebody use your account or device to fly their drones?Also, it would be better to leave your DJI account here. Thanks
2016-8-18
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-19 00:21
Hello Bilzc10, what are the app version on note 5 and ipad? If it is convenient, could you please pr ...

its the latest on both (2.8.3 i think). No one has used my account or drone other than me. And ill upload screenshots in a bit.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-8-20 03:41
its the latest on both (2.8.3 i think). No one has used my account or drone other than me. My emai ...

For IOS, it is 2.8.7. For android, it is 2.8.3. I'll pass it to our developers.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-8-20 03:41
its the latest on both (2.8.3 i think). No one has used my account or drone other than me. And ill  ...

Your email address has been edited in the post.
2016-8-19
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3

Sounds good. Just wondering, from what you can see, which device was correct?
2016-8-19
Use props
soyaotk
New

Hong Kong

JUST STORE IT ON THE CLOUD ....
2016-8-19
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3

soyaotk Posted at 2016-8-20 11:03
JUST STORE IT ON THE CLOUD ....

What do you mean?
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-8-19 12:41
its the latest on both (2.8.3 i think). No one has used my account or drone other than me. And ill  ...

Can you post the screenshots?
2016-8-19
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I have the exact same issue. Multiple user names on both my ipad and shield K1. All with different logs.
2016-8-19
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3

Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
1) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RsVb_BcoK3bGZwak5VSjFjNU0/view?usp=sharing
2) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RsVb_BcoK3NVFKdG9leU51Zlk/view?usp=sharing
3) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RsVb_BcoK3ZDY0WHNPUHFQLXc/view?usp=sharing
iPad Air:
1) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RsVb_BcoK3QmgwX1EwVnRJU28/view?usp=sharing
2) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RsVb_BcoK3dzVfZHdkYjBXUVU/view?usp=sharing
3) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RsVb_BcoK3QmUtc2loal9QZ2c/view?usp=sharing
The numbers have changed since I posted the thread.
2016-8-20
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-20 13:07
Can you post the screenshots?

Ken,

I am still having the same issues on my end with the two IOS devices.  My 2.8.1 iPad (which originated the flight records) had the most recent flights deleted when I synched to the cloud.  They are in the cloud and show up on my iPhone (2.8.7) but no matter how many times I synch, nothing retrieves them back on the iPad.  I realize I'm on different levels, but cannot fathom why records recorded on a local device would be deleted from that device upon synching.  I've never heard back from the DJI folks who have said they've reported it to the folks back in China..  :-(
2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-21 01:19
Ken,

I am still having the same issues on my end with the two IOS devices.  My 2.8.1 iPad (which  ...

I have reported and they are looking into it. Please post as many screen shots as you can and I will forward to them.
2016-8-21
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-22 06:16
I have reported and they are looking into it. Please post as many screen shots as you can and I wi ...

Thanks Ken, but what screen shots are needed?  I mean I can take a screen shot that shows my iPad (2.8.1) has 3 less flights in the log than the iPhone (2.8.7), but isn't my word good enough for that?  I can't show the records disappearing as the synch to the cloud is happening..  These (again) were flights recorded on the 2.8.1 iPad, that showed up in the iPad flight log.  When synched to the cloud, they disappeared from the list of flights on the iPad, but when I synch the iPhone (2.8.6 at the time), the records show up there.  However, I am unable to get those same flights back into the iPad Flight log no matter how many times I try to synch to the cloud..  What will two screenshots show??  Not trying to push back, but truly not understanding what HK doesn't understand in this scenario...  :-(
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-23 00:26
Thanks Ken, but what screen shots are needed?  I mean I can take a screen shot that shows my iPad  ...

I am just relaying the message I got from the app team. They are requesting screenshots and all the issues.
So to make it easy for them to understand, if you can make one post with the two screenshots and a summary explaining the issue and I will forward that on.
2016-8-22
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-23 01:14
I am just relaying the message I got from the app team. They are requesting screenshots and all th ...

Ken..  Here you go..  I did two flights.. first, images from iPad (2.8.1) ..  You will see the flight as the first one on the list 23/08/16.. then when the synch is complete, it is no longer there.  I also flew with the iPhone (2.8.7) and after that synch, you will see the record from the iPhone and the iPad.  So, the flight that disappeared from the log on the iPad, did reach the cloud because it appears on the iPhone.. yet no matter how many times I synch on the iPad I cannot get that record back.  I've explained it numerous times.. Here are the images.  I do not understand how (or why) DJI would arbitrarily delete records from a device simply because it is an older version of the app.  Makes no sense..  I use my iPad as the stable platform until I'm comfortable that the newer version of the app is stable.  DJI should not be touching those records on the device itself.  You can download the images if you want or need..

Flight from iPad on the top of the list before Synch

Starting Synch from iPad (2.8.1)

Synch from iPad (2.8.1) in progress

Synch successful... All older records restored, most recent is now gone.

iPhone (2.8.7) after Synch All shows flight missing from iPad and latest on iPhone
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-24 09:28
Ken..  Here you go..  I did two flights.. first, images from iPad (2.8.1) ..  You will see the flig ...

Perfect, thank you very much.
I've forwarded it to the app team.
2016-8-24
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-24 22:09
Perfect, thank you very much.
I've forwarded it to the app team.

Ken,

Thanks..  And just as a follow up.  We know there was some changes to Flight Records given the release notes in 2.8.5 (I think) where it said cross platform synch'ing would be addressed in a follow on release..  That said, if I can retrieve old 2.8.1 records from the cloud (as shown) and I can see a newly created 2.8.1 record on the 2.8.7 device, there seems to be NO reason why (on synching) it would be deleted from the originating source no matter what level of DJI GO app created it.  I avoided using the "Charles" method to reload the app to this point.. and I also have the .ipa file for the original 2.8.1 ..
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-24 22:30
Ken,

Thanks..  And just as a follow up.  We know there was some changes to Flight Records given th ...

Let's see what the app team has to say.
2016-8-24
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-24 23:12
Let's see what the app team has to say.

Ken..

Anything on this issue of flight records disappearing.  I could probably make the issue go away by upgrading the iPad to 2.8.7, but kind of defeats the purpose.  The act of synching to the cloud should just nt delete records from the source device. :-(  Been a bit since I provided the images to send them..  Thanks.

2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-9-1 00:20
Ken..

Anything on this issue of flight records disappearing.  I could probably make the issue go  ...

Sorry, I have no more info. Try updating to 2.8.7
2016-8-31
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-31 12:33
Sorry, I have no more info. Try updating to 2.8.7

Ken,

I can do that, but then that eliminates, not fixes, the issue.  By doing that, we're saying that anyone with an earlier version of the app may be subject to having their local records deleted?  Shouldn't it be fixed, not "avoided"  (no offense intended).
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-9-1 09:56
Ken,

I can do that, but then that eliminates, not fixes, the issue.  By doing that, we're saying  ...

I don't know why your records are like that, Every device I've used they all work fine.
2016-8-31
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-1 00:28
I don't know why your records are like that, Every device I've used they all work fine.

Ken,

Has anyone there tried to reproduce the error?  Clearly there are some devices with older versions of the DJI GO app on them?  Can someone fly a short flight like I did in the pics I sent and then synch and see what happens..  Thanks...

2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-9-3 06:15
Ken,

Has anyone there tried to reproduce the error?  Clearly there are some devices with older ve ...

All our devices are current so we cannot.
There's a new version today and we are all updated.
2016-9-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-2 18:17
All our devices are current so we cannot.
There's a new version today and we are all updated.

So I guess anyone who may be on a lower level is stuck because no one at DJI in development can load an earlier version of the app.  The issue isn't whether 2.8.7 is good or not (or 2.8.8 now?) ..  It is an error in how the Database handles records coming from an earlier version.. This should be debugged Ken, not glossed over (in my opinion).  :-(  Sorry, just don't think this was handled correctly..  you've helped me and us all a lot ... just disappointed this one got passed over. Just keeping it real..
2016-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules