3458 12 2016-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottybm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141201 ft
  • >>>
United States

I work for a retailer where a client purchased a Phantom 4 and had trouble charging the battery. He said the lights would come on and after a few seconds would go out.
I told him to bring it back and we would replace it for him. So I pulled another one out and it did the same thing.

The charger would charge the radio just fine but both new Phantom 4's would do the same thing and not charge the battery.
Don't know if we just had a few that were bad or is this an issue with the Phantom 4

2016-8-19
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Maybe try and turn the battery on first then plug it in to the charger,
2016-8-19
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

While we are on the subject of charging, can DJI tell me if it is recommended to charge the controller and the flight battery at the same time, Iv done it several times in the past and noted that the charger gets warmer than just charging one item at a time, its obvious why but just need clarification, is it safe to do so all the time?
2016-8-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-20 15:54
While we are on the subject of charging, can DJI tell me if it is recommended to charge the controll ...

DJI recommend you do not charge the RC unit and a battery at the same time. It is close to overloading the charger.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Scott, it is not normal.If these batteries don't work with other chargers, you'd better to send it in.
2016-8-19
Use props
pan.papandreou
lvl.2

Greece

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-20 09:49
Hello Scott, it is not normal.If these batteries don't work with other chargers, you'd better to sen ...

What I saw in the video do BATTERIES for protection when hot. WHEN COLD Charges normally (sory google tranlete greece)
2016-8-20
Use props
pan.papandreou
lvl.2

Greece

Try froze a little battery and charger again
2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

pan.papandreou@ Posted at 2016-8-20 16:29
What I saw in the video do BATTERIES for protection when hot. WHEN COLD Charges normally (sory goo ...

01.JPG 02.JPG

2016-8-20
Use props
scottybm
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-20 13:46
Maybe try and turn the battery on first then plug it in to the charger,

Did that. Turned battery on and then tried to charge. The green ring just stayed on for a minute then went off.
2016-8-20
Use props
scottybm
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-20 13:54
While we are on the subject of charging, can DJI tell me if it is recommended to charge the controll ...

From what I read on my Phantom 3 it says not to do that. And when I called DJI about this issue they said you may not want to try to charge them both.
2016-8-20
Use props
scottybm
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-20 14:49
Hello Scott, it is not normal.If these batteries don't work with other chargers, you'd better to sen ...

We have just sent both units back. Thanks DJI-Paladin
2016-8-20
Use props
thomas
New
Flight distance : 195030 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI, I have the same issue right now. Faulty batch perhaps? Maybe faulty sensor? How can I send back direct to you?
2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

thomas@luxton.u Posted at 2016-8-21 15:30
Hi DJI, I have the same issue right now. Faulty batch perhaps? Maybe faulty sensor? How can I send b ...

Hi, the most common reason is that the retailer put the drones idle for too long, and the batteries died  when not being used for a couple of months.  Please contact the seller to see if you can do a direct exchange, if not, contact support.eu@dji.com and send it in for exchange. Thank you.
2016-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules