Beeping DJI Phantom 3 Professional
1123 10 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheGreatHuman
New
Ireland

Hi, I have a problem and would appreciate some advice.

My phantom hasn't been behaving very well recently. I updated the firmware, turned it off and now it emits and never ending beep.

I KNOW THAT FORMATTING THE CARD WORKS FOR SOME PEOPLE, I have tried that but it does not work for me. I have now run down two full batteries from full to empty as thie machine beeps at me ehile switching between red and green flashes followed by quick green flashes then back to red green. I know patience and 20 minutes might have worked for you but it's been 6 hours now between the two batteries and nothing is changing. It just beeps away.

A little background on my phantom: It had a collision 1 year ago, hit a tree and broke the ribbon and yaw arm. I replaced both of those and it worked fine. Before I tried to update the firmware it was not behaving very well. Random warnings like low voltage would spring up, and it would have great difficulty connecting with the camera. I am at a loss as to what else I can try and am thinking I may need to buy a new one which would suck massively.

Please advise,

Sincerely,

Evan
2016-8-20
Use props
Curnybop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Evan,

I am having the same issue, only I turned off my phantom when it had the SD card with the update in it, I forgot the update was on the card. Now I am having a never ending beep. I have also formatted the card and left it sitting for over an hour but the beep never changes. Is yours doing something like mine in the below video? Any help is greatly appreciated from anyone with steps to fix this, please.
Ignore the noise that sounds like a helicopter, that's my phone.

2016-8-20
Use props
TheGreatHuman
New
Ireland

Yes mine is making that exact same noise. Any help from DJI would be greatly appreciated.
2016-8-20
Use props
contact18
New

Canada

TheGreatHuman Posted at 2016-8-20 16:53
Yes mine is making that exact same noise. Any help from DJI would be greatly appreciated.

Mine is currently in the attic freaking out, and has been for about an hour.

Just going to let it go forever...and ever...
2016-8-20
Use props
TheGreatHuman
New
Ireland

Any luck with that approach contact18?
2016-8-21
Use props
TheGreatHuman
New
Ireland

Again, anything anybody can offer on this??
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Curnybop Posted at 2016-8-21 03:11
Hi Evan,

I am having the same issue, only I turned off my phantom when it had the SD card with the  ...

Based on the video, there seems to be an ESC error and a camera error. Can you clarify, whether you have tried power cycling the aircraft with a fresh SD card?
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Evan, normally such kind of loud beeping is related to an unsuccessful updating process. If you have tried to re-updated your drone for several times but no luck, I'd suggest you to post the hidden upgrade log here by following these stpes:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.

2016-8-21
Use props
contact18
New

Canada

TheGreatHuman Posted at 2016-8-21 02:10
Any luck with that approach contact18?

Nope, still no dice. Trying a new Micro-Sd right now with the 1.4 firmware.

It's in a closet somewhere freaking out.
(EDIT)
We have movement!

Less than 15 mins into it and it is now doing the D-DD sound. The gimbal light is flashing red and not green/red, so I'm not usre what that means.
2016-8-22
Use props
Curnybop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Everyone - I managed to resolve this finally.

I turned on my P3P and looked up the firmware version in the app, which was 1.8. I then put the 1.8 BIN file onto an SD card and inserted it into the drone. I let it do it's thing with the loud beeping and after about 40mins it updated correctly and it has now been working, thankfully.

I think whatever firmware that the drone has on your app, put that BIN file on the card, not a downgrade or upgrade, and it should work. Hopefully! Remember the BIN file, not the zip file of the firmware.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Curnybop Posted at 2016-8-23 01:14
Hi Everyone - I managed to resolve this finally.

I turned on my P3P and looked up the firmware ver ...

I'm glad you finally got it resolved, I'm not sure why it wouldn't update for you.
2016-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules