phantom 3 standard keeps failing 1.6.80 update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gaarauzumaki23
New

Hi everyone,
I have had my P3S for 4 mos. I updated it back when I first got it and had issues. Finally got the drone to accept the update. Now I am trying to finish the 1.6.80 update. It gets to 48% and the drone disconnects from the rc and 2 mins later the update fails. I've tried on my HTC M9 and Nexus 7 tablet. Both render the same result. Now I'm kinda regreting updating again. Any ideas would help. Thanks

2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hello gaarauzumaki23, could you please upload the update log file here?
Please find the hidden LOG file by following these steps:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-8-25
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

1.6.8 really did not go well for many so you maybe blessed..I downgraded to 1.5.7 and quad fresh back from RMA is working like a champ...before I sent in the quad I loaded 1.6.8 and immediately was barely able to fly 600' - 1500+ on 1.5.7 as well every flight ended in RTH. Now after repair with 1.6.8 each photo cause the craft to loose signal..I then downgraded and flew 7000' in Alaska with no issue. Running waypoints and everything is grand! You may not want to run that upgrade!
cheers Darrin
2016-8-25
Use props
gaarauzumaki23
New

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-8-26 12:53
1.6.8 really did not go well for many so you maybe blessed..I downgraded to 1.5.7 and quad fresh bac ...

unfortunately my quad is doing the loud failed update beeping. I need to fix that first before anything else.  
2016-8-25
Use props
gaarauzumaki23
New

DJI-Jessie Posted at 2016-8-26 12:27
Hello gaarauzumaki23, could you please upload the update log file here?
Please find the hidden LOG f ...

here is the log. converted it to pdf so i can upload it.

P3C_FW_LOG_AB.pdf

23.39 KB, Down times: 7

LOG

2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

gaarauzumaki23 Posted at 2016-8-26 14:16
here is the log. converted it to pdf so i can upload it.

I have checked your log file and it's probably a module issue.I'd suggest you email support@dji.com and tech support will guide you send it in.
2016-8-25
Use props
DevlinDelFuego
New

DJI-Jessie Posted at 2016-8-26 15:22
I have checked your log file and it's probably a module issue.I'd suggest you email  and tech supp ...

ok I'll do that. That's a bummer. I wanted to use it this weekend.
2016-8-25
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

gaarauzumaki23 Posted at 2016-8-25 23:11
unfortunately my quad is doing the loud failed update beeping. I need to fix that first before any ...

load in the 1.5.7 on the chip it will update..the link is around somewhere just do a search
2016-8-26
Use props
DevlinDelFuego
New

I found a way to update it without the app. It took the 1.6.80 update. No issues with flying it. I was trying to manually land it and messed up and it flipped upside down and landed. Distracted flying doesn't help. No major damage. Just the wings got a little hurt. still flies good.
2016-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules