still can't fly
587 8 2016-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

Guy's I'm totally deflated. I've had my P4 for 3 weeks and haven't been able to fly yet! ! My controller won't connect with the drone, my dji go app says I have a inspire!  I don't know what to do. I've tried 2 different tablets, and still the same problem. I just bought a Nexus 7 gen 2 and it won't work..... So right now all I have is a $1500 paper weight!

2016-8-29
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1203484 ft
United States

When the DJI Go app opens up it shows an Inspire 1. You need to swipe the quad image right to left to see the Phantom 4 image. I am using a Nexus 7 2013 and it works fine.
2016-8-29
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

If the app is connected properly, it will automatically select the correct aircraft. There have been issues with the app not connecting to the RC. What has been working for me is to power the RC on with the tablet connected but turned off (not just asleep). Then boot the tablet. It works for me every time. If the tablet is already powered up when connecting the RC, it usually does not connect (and shows the Inspire on the front page). I do not think it matters if the aircraft is powered on or not but I have it powered on already, tablet is last. If the app starts automatically when you power up, then I think the cable is probably ok.
2016-8-29
Use props
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

I do swipe over to phantom 4. When I go over to the phantom 4 it won't let me go into camera mode. It only shows camera mode in the inspire 1.
2016-8-29
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

did you try to re-pair the drone and rc
2016-8-29
Use props
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-8-29 22:38
If the app is connected properly, it will automatically select the correct aircraft. There have been ...

Brother you are a life saver! I now have a drone and not a paper weight.

This should be a sticky on the front page. I've seen a few people with this problem.

Thank you again.
2016-8-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

killerkustums Posted at 2016-8-30 13:17
Brother you are a life saver! I now have a drone and not a paper weight.

This should be  ...

It would be a good thing if you were to go back to your opening post in this thread and edit the title to say 'SOLVED' at the end.
2016-8-29
Use props
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

Solved. It's no longer an issue.
2016-8-30
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Glad it's working for you now.  Hopefully in the 3 weeks you have had time to read up on all of the features and prep yourself for the maiden.

What Geebax is saying is to edit your original title.  The big bold print title so others will see it and realize it's not an issue.  still can't fly (SOLVED) At least I believe that's the case.  It might save somebody clicking through is all.  No big deal but is a good reminder for myself also.

Get your maiden flight in and let us know how it went.

2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules