Tablet not connecting to Phantom 4 due to wifi interference?
2344 5 2016-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arnout
New

Netherlands

I've been testing for 2 weeks now why I can connect with one device and can't with an other.

I have a new Phantom 4 and started to fly with it using my Sony Xperia Z5 and also with an older Z1 phone. Both combinations works perfect everywhere, in the open field or between houses.

Because I want to have a bigger screen I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, mainly because it's a good device and because the size of the S2 fits perfect in the paper (guide) space in the Phantom carrying box.

The S2 gives good results when flying in the open field, but in between houses with lots of wifi I can't get it connected. The RC does connect to the P4, but when I plug in the usb it doesn’t connect to the RC or drone. The weirdest thing is that when I connect my S2 thru wifi to the hotspot of my Xperia Z5 it's connecting for a few seconds to the drone, then it's disconnects again, then it connects again, then it disconnects. And so on. When I turn of wifi on the S2, or turn of the hotspot, I can't connect at all.

Because in the open field I can fly using the S2 I can assume that it's no software failure and that the RC and S2 can communicate. So my guess is that the S2 can't handle the wifi interference but that would be weird because it's wired connected to the RC. No wifi is used on the S2, or am I wrong?

I know that there are a lot of posts why android devices can't connect. I read a lot of them and tried everything I read. But maybe my experiences put the problem in a different perspective. Does anyone of you also experienced these problems? And maybe found solutions other then using a different device?
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello arnout, did you try to change a original lightning cable to connect your RC with the mobile?
2016-8-30
Use props
arnout
New

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-31 06:12
Hello arnout, did you try to change a original lightning cable to connect your RC with the mobile?

Hi Mindy, Is that a cable for Samsung or only for Apple products?

I did try several usb cables, the original from DJI, the original from Samsung and some other. But no difference in the results :-(
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

arnout Posted at 2016-9-1 05:12
Hi Mindy, Is that a cable for Samsung or only for Apple products?

I did try several usb cables,  ...

I'd suggest you try the device in our recommend list. S2 might be not compatible with the APP.
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
2016-9-1
Use props
CASTRONZL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11004 ft
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-1 19:10
I'd suggest you try the device in our recommend list. S2 might be not compatible with the APP.
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

just a note...I have 2 elephone's..one p6000 with android 5.1...other p9000 with android 6 and both connect with the dji app with no problems at all...but have brought a cheap Chinese 8inch tablet with android 5.1 which will not connect...has no trouble connecting to my home wifi and when out of the house picks up 11 gps satellites so have no idea what the problem is...I shall take it outside and try when away from any interference and report back the results...might also add drone is a phantom 3 advanced which will be used mainly for fishing off the beach...both drone and rc have the latest firmware...and the dji go app is also the latest version...but just won't show the camera view...
2016-12-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

CASTRONZL Posted at 2016-12-11 16:44
just a note...I have 2 elephone's..one p6000 with android 5.1...other p9000 with android 6 and both connect with the dji app with no problems at all...but have brought a cheap Chinese 8inch tablet with android 5.1 which will not connect...has no trouble connecting to my home wifi and when out of the house picks up 11 gps satellites so have no idea what the problem is...I shall take it outside and try when away from any interference and report back the results...might also add drone is a phantom 3 advanced which will be used mainly for fishing off the beach...both drone and rc have the latest firmware...and the dji go app is also the latest version...but just won't show the camera view...

Strictly speaking, you are hijacking the original poster's thread, better to start your own. But to answer your question, cheap phones and tablets do not necessarily work with the DJI system, it requires a powerful device that has excellent graphics handling capability. If you want a trouble-free system, stick with the recommended devices.
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules