838 9 2016-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edconrad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4784872 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just sold my P3P and bought a brand new P4 from Best Buy.  Just before my maiden flight, I received a warning to upgrade aircraft firmware.  So, I did...or tried.  However, that task has been quite daunting as I keep getting "Update Failure" after I downloaded the software and hooked the drone up (see attachment).  After an hour of this nonsense, I gave up.  If I can't figure this out soon, it's back to Best Buy for a refund.
Update Failure.jpg
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about that, sometimes the issue is with the USB cord or the SD card, hope you get a working one soon
2016-9-3
Use props
stephen_carney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70873 ft
Australia

Dont give up so soon,
2016-9-3
Use props
mart.kask
lvl.3
Flight distance : 516237 ft

Maybe try to update it through PC? I never update through app, because PC is a lot faster and PC gets new frimware faster than app.
2016-9-3
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

Ditto the above.  Most likely any newly purchased drone will require and update and yo might end up doing the same thing twice.

For first time use the DJI Assistant 2.0 program as it also registers your drone with DJI and asks for some info.  If you did it from the tablet or phone it likely will error out unless you did it with the DJI Assistant 2 first.  Plus that software calibrates your front and bottom obstacle sensors too off your computer screen.
2016-9-3
Use props
mart.kask
lvl.3
Flight distance : 516237 ft

Well I updated the Frimware and did the registration from the app first time. It worked OK for me, but I guess not for all
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There may be a communication issue between the app and your mobile device. As others have suggested, you have the option to update firmware via the Assistant 2 Software. Please let us know if the issue persists.
2016-9-3
Use props
randimbisoa.tah
New

Madagascar

Hi,
After 100% update progress,  got a message "UPDATE FAILED". What should I do? this is my first Phantom 4 I've just bought.

2016-9-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

randimbisoa.tah Posted at 2016-9-4 08:36
Hi,
After 100% update progress,  got a message "UPDATE FAILED". What should I do? this is my first P ...

Hi There, have you tried to upgrade it with the assistant 2 on your PC as the following video? what is the led status on the gimba, solid green or not?
And would you please check the version on the "About" page through the APP?
2016-9-3
Use props
edconrad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4784872 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys...thanks for your help and encouragement.  Unlike with my P3P, this drone also had a bad battery along with the uploading problems.  Since it was brand new, I felt no compunction to troubleshoot it.  It just went back to Best Buy.  (Sorry...drone & DJI!)

I'm not in a great situation to be a droner at this time, so I'll wait until the Phantom 5's come out...or wait until the 4's are marked down heavily.
2016-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules