Two questions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
esokolov1977
lvl.1

Slovenia

Good day, dear community.
I have P3P since January 2016, flew 3-4 hours total.
First question.
Once i replaced my previous P2V+ with P3P I figured out that the video i shoot on P3P in the same mp4 1080 format, like i did on P2V+, cannot be played on the my Samsung H7750 Smart TV. It sais "Unsupported H.264 codec". I tried everthing - form changing the resolution to changing video format. Nothing - P3P compresses all videos with this codec.
Are there any ideas how to play these new H.264 videos on Samsung without decoding into something like H.265. Are there any options that can be chaged in P3P settings?
Second question.
As i mention earlier, my P3P is 8 month old with 3-4 hours flight time. Zero crashes or heavy landings.
And recently i found some cracks on one of the P3P hands under the motor. I read someone had the same issue on a new P3 - what was the solution?

Thanks for your patience, appreicate your help,
Peace, and safe flights! IMG_7020.jpg IMG_7021.jpg
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can record in MP4 or MOV and your TV needs to support that.
For the cracks, please contact support and send the aircraft in and they will replace the shell as long as the aircraft has not been crashed.
2016-9-7
Use props
esokolov1977
lvl.1

Slovenia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-7 18:27
You can record in MP4 or MOV and your TV needs to support that.
For the cracks, please contact suppo ...

I recorded both mp4 and mov on P2V+ and TV was playing it. Now record both mp4 and mov on P3P and the same TV does not play them. Why?
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

esokolov1977@ma Posted at 2016-9-8 00:30
I recorded both mp4 and mov on P2V+ and TV was playing it. Now record both mp4 and mov on P3P and  ...

Phantom 3 video codec is MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
I don't know what codec the Vision used, what resolution are you recording in and what's your TV model#?
2016-9-7
Use props
esokolov1977
lvl.1

Slovenia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-7 18:47
Phantom 3 video codec is MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
I don't know what codec the Vision used, what ...

Once again - Smart TV home theater Samsung H7750
Attached are two specs from two identical videos from P2V+ and P3P. They are in Russian, but i do believe you can recognize parameters.

P2V+ mp4 1080

P2V+ mp4 1080

P3P mp4 1080

P3P mp4 1080
2016-9-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

esokolov1977@ma Posted at 2016-9-8 07:35
Once again - Smart TV home theater Samsung H7750
Attached are two specs from two identical videos  ...

You are quite correct, we cannot read those settings. There are subtle differences in the way some devices encode vision in the H.264 standard, what you will have to do is put the video through a decoding/encoding process to produce a flavour of MPEG that your TV will accept. Try the free Handbrake application, it is excellent.
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-8 05:48
You are quite correct, we cannot read those settings. There are subtle differences in the way some ...

Great advice, thanks for jumping in.
2016-9-7
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

You might need to contact Samsung and explain the problem, they might have a solution.  All other TVs I have seen don't seem to have a problem playing the DJI version of H.264 so it might be peculiar to this model or Samsung in particular.  There may be a firmware upgrade for your TV which fixes the incompatibility.   You may need to send them an example recording from the P2V and P3P for them to test the codec.  The only other thing you can do is record in mov instead of mp4, and at 1080P instead of 4K, but I think you said you already tried that.
2016-9-7
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

I know for a fact that Samsung will not change their ways for you.
I was a sub contractor for them for many years.
Just down convert your videos. That's why those programs exist.
2016-9-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

My Samsung doesn't like my videos either.  I've recently learned how to do very basic editing and haven't tried the product videos on it yet, but will do so.
2016-9-8
Use props
esokolov1977
lvl.1

Slovenia

Thanks everyone for your input.
Samsung is awesome. First they offered me to reset dome theater. I did - nothing happened indeed. You know what they advised next? Bring my home theater to the nearest service center, which is in... Malaysia. Explanation was - there is a huge difference between Slovenian and Malaysian hardware and software and files. Huge of them. Alsmost everything differ. They can't help. No. And can't provide supervisor's name indeed.
And yes - when I said that it is the same with my Samsung tv 60" panel - the said I need to bring both of them to service center. Yeap, in Malaysia.
F*ck.
And P2V+ was filming videos I could play on that crapy gnusmaS...
2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules