Auto track Crash
2088 24 2016-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Showing a friend how it will follow you and it went complete schizo and ran into my house....Dont know extent of damage besides a broke prop but im done with this...Wasn't video'ing unfortunately... Obstacle avoidance didnt work, nothing, it just went crazy! It will be fixed as my brother is a lawyer and it wont cost me a thing!
2016-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yeah, don't bet on it. Unless your brotyher practices in Beijing he won't do you much good.
2016-9-9
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-10 08:37
Yeah, don't bet on it. Unless your brotyher practices in Beijing he won't do you much good.

True if they didn't sell and have shop here...Read up on International law....
2016-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-9-10 11:20
True if they didn't sell and have shop here...Read up on International law....

Sure, they sell through Apple and other distributors, but don't have a store in the US, and you might consider the Chinese don't give a rats about American Law. But in any event, yours is a typical American response, sue someone. Yet don't even consider it might be your own stupid fault for what happened.
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Smstagar,sorry to hear about your crash. Please sync your flight records through APP firstly, and send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com, including your dji account and time when it happened. Our tech support will help you analyze the data.

2016-9-9
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-10 09:32
Sure, they sell through Apple and other distributors, but don't have a store in the US, and you mi ...

1st of all GFY....I was 20ft from my home, away from anything as I live in the country in the middle of nowhere... All updates done and and I do calibrations on all systems every 3 flights...So yeah your right its my fault... I locked up on my friend and he starts walking away in a straight line and it goes apeshit! Up, down, side to side and then into my house....
Im getting rid of it as I knew it was a ticking time bomb...Might drop it off at Best Buy and tell them to F themselves... 1450$ is what I spent and bought this model for it not to be able to run into things...LUCKILY, its scratched in one place only and 1 broke prop...
2016-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-9-10 13:24
1st of all GFY....I was 20ft from my home, away from anything as I live in the country in the midd ...

So your reason for coming here in the first places was???\

Drongo.

2016-9-9
Use props
lethal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-10 11:58

Drongo.

Now there's a word I haven't heard since that immortal character Wal muttered it in Crocodile Dundee!
2016-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

lethal@ozisp.co Posted at 2016-9-10 16:00
Now there's a word I haven't heard since that immortal character Wal muttered it in Crocodile Dund ...

Yeah, but it still applies. My other favourite is 'May all your chooks turn into emus and kick your dunny down'.
2016-9-10
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-10 10:52
Hello Smstagar,sorry to hear about your crash. Please sync your flight records through APP firstly,  ...

I sent it...Finally
2016-9-10
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-10 10:52
Hello Smstagar,sorry to hear about your crash. Please sync your flight records through APP firstly,  ...

I know you want to analyze the data to put it on me but a couple things happened that shouldn't have... After it broke lock it started going stupid....Up, down, side to to side. Then the Obstacle avoidance didn't work as it ran into my house.... I literally calibrate these cameras once a week along with the IMUs and compass...
2016-9-10
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-10 11:58

Drongo.

Reason I came? Because like OTHERS it just did what it wanted to and tried to kill itself...
2016-9-10
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Luckily I turned each prop to check spin...All good but 1...Sounds like a bearing is gone....Grinding extremely loud...
2016-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-9-10 15:49
I know you want to analyze the data to put it on me but a couple things happened that shouldn't ha ...

You could always post your flight logs to Healthy Drones and share them with the other users here, a number of whom are very experienced RC & Quadcopter pilots. It could then perhaps be established whether it was pilot or machine error that caused the crash. DJI tend to be very reasonable and fair if it is a genuine hardware or firmware malfunction.
2016-9-10
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

I have no problem with that but it was in no way my fault... How can it start going crazy  be my fault. As soon as it broke lock it was uncontrollable and the obstacles avoidance became irrelevant
2016-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-9-10 21:50
I have no problem with that but it was in no way my fault... How can it start going crazy  be my fau ...

"How can it start going crazy  be my fault."

These things have been known to happen when a compass is calibrated close to a metal structure (Rebar in concrete for example, or steel structure in buildings), or perhaps electro-magnetic interference (power lines, transformer) close by or underground. Flying with a badly calibrated compass causes strange behaviour.
2016-9-10
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-11 02:03
You could always post your flight logs to Healthy Drones and share them with the other users here,  ...

ok I did.... It had some compass error at the time of crash....It switched between 3 different modes in a mater of 1.5 seconds
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-9-10 22:49
I know you want to analyze the data to put it on me but a couple things happened that shouldn't ha ...

Hello smatagar, the engineer could analyze your flight records and let you know what could have caused the issue. Besides, to ensure safety, it would be best to send it in to service center for analysis and repair.
2016-9-11
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 15:17
Hello smatagar, the engineer could analyze your flight records and let you know what could have cau ...

on the way now....
2016-9-12
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-11 06:40
"How can it start going crazy  be my fault."

These things have been known to happen when a comp ...

Well not when I live in the middle of nowhere, LITERALLY! Compass cals along with IMU's are done way out in my yard so thats not the issue.... It did this before but a while back but I was able to save it... This time I was 25ft from my house with the guy walking toward the middle of my yard...Broke lock , went backwards, and smacked my house...There is a grinding noise if I turn a prop installed on one motor...I take the prop off and its not there...The grinding motor isn't the one that broke the prop so I wonder if that motor was going out and it just "happened" to be the same time  i was in auto track?
2016-9-12
Use props
mikeshel
New

United States

If it went backwards and smacked into your house that would be the reason the OA didn't work there are no sensors rearward facing. DJI warns you to not rely on OA when running backwards.
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-9-12 23:55
Well not when I live in the middle of nowhere, LITERALLY! Compass cals along with IMU's are done w ...

Hi Smstagar, after receiving your aircraft, our engineer will help you analyze it, please wait patiently with the result.
2016-9-12
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

mikeshel Posted at 2016-9-13 05:24
If it went backwards and smacked into your house that would be the reason the OA didn't work there a ...

Backwards....Then forward... Broke the prop on the right camera side if your looking at it....
2016-9-12
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-13 10:27
Hi Smstagar, after receiving your aircraft, our engineer will help you analyze it, please wait pat ...

Oh Im patient and calm for now
2016-9-12
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Stop with your silly threats and post your flight logs already
2016-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now