Altitude drop
1031 10 2016-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EagleEyeDrone
lvl.1

United States

Im new to flyin gso today I went out to fly a little more aggresively because Im getting better.  I flew out about 50 yards at about 20 feet off the ground.  I used forward stick only to fly the UAS back towards me.  The drone would slowly lose altittude while coming back.  I checked the other stick to be sure it was centered and not stuck in downward position.  And then I did the same manuever a few more times.  Each time the drone would lose altitude.  Is this normal?
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello ,could you please clarify which Phantom model you have ? And please try to calibrate the RC and do the IMU calibration.

2016-9-9
Use props
EagleEyeDrone
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-9 20:34
Hello ,could you please clarify which Phantom model you have ? And please try to calibrate the RC an ...

phantom 4. i did a compass calibration before the flight only. what do you mean RC?
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EagleEyeDrone Posted at 2016-9-10 14:07
phantom 4. i did a compass calibration before the flight only. what do you mean RC?

RC means remote control.Please try to do the IMU calibration and update the aircraft firmware to latest version.
2016-9-9
Use props
drone-filters.c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 454111 ft
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-10 09:13
RC means remote control.Please try to do the IMU calibration and update the aircraft firmware to l ...

Hello, DJI Mindy.
Wanted to ask if lastest firmware have fixed this problem on PH4?
We have ordered just now our PH4 (it should arrive on next week) and I have seen people complaining about this issue. Just want to know if DJI fixed this?
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

drone-filters.c Posted at 2016-9-10 14:23
Hello, DJI Mindy.
Wanted to ask if lastest firmware have fixed this problem on PH4?
We have order ...

Yes, the latest firmware have fixed this problem.
2016-9-9
Use props
asimokid
lvl.2

Indonesia

hey i have problem like you, in 2 month i get altitude drop every flight almost 10-20m! very scary!!
try factory reset, upgrade FW no luck. altitude still drop like crazy

and then i try calibrate sensor VPS with dji assistant, now my ph4 solid like a rock!!

you must try
2016-9-9
Use props
EagleEyeDrone
lvl.1

United States

asimokid Posted at 2016-9-9 23:45
hey i have problem like you, in 2 month i get altitude drop every flight almost 10-20m! very scary!! ...

My firmware is up to sate. There is no message saying I need to update firmware.  I will re calibrate things to see if that helps.  Do you think it's the windy conditions maybe?
2016-9-10
Use props
asimokid
lvl.2

Indonesia

EagleEyeDrone Posted at 2016-9-11 05:29
My firmware is up to sate. There is no message saying I need to update firmware.  I will re calibr ...

I mean after dji relase new fw, And I upgraded new fw altitude still drop.
New fw, calibrate imu, factory reset altitude still drop

And last i calibrate vps sensor with dji assistant. My ph4 never drop altitude again
Wind? I think not, because ph4 use gps for hover. So my opinion sensor get wrong data so altitude get drop
Cmiiw
2016-9-11
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-10 02:35
Yes, the latest firmware have fixed this problem.

Does the P4 use the ultrasonic readings as the primary source to maintain altitude when it is flying below 30 feet? Please explain.

I do not have an altitude drop after the recent firmware upgrade, I just see some limited yoyo affect once in a while once flying low and over tall grass. But my altitude readings are off many times by many feet.  

2016-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-11 21:45
Does the P4 use the ultrasonic readings as the primary source to maintain altitude when it is flyin ...

Yes, please refer to our manual.
vps.png
2016-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules