scarey moment. would love some advice please
1046 18 2016-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spalding1968
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315584 ft
United Kingdom

Just had a tumble and spin in the air. no idea why. it regained control after a few heart stopping seconds and i was able to bring it back down. i have clicked export csv but have no idea where it exports to for me to let you look at. the video clip only shows the spinning. any help please.

2016-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If your aircraft was crashed, I'd suggest you send it in for data analysis and diagnosis.
Please sync your flight records from the DJI Go app and send an email to support.eu@dji.com.
Tech support will help you out.
2016-9-13
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-13 11:35
If your aircraft was crashed, I'd suggest you send it in for data analysis and diagnosis.
Please syn ...

it didnt crash but went out of control for a few seconds. is the clip. not sure how to post flight data on here for analasis.
2016-9-13
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ive clicked export csv but dont know where it it exports to
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

spalding1968 Posted at 2016-9-13 18:37
it didnt crash but went out of control for a few seconds. https://youtu.be/qdqZ262RDQg is the clip ...

Please follow the video tutorial to sync your flight records and send an email to support.eu@dji.com with your DJI account email and the date this occurred. They can analyze the data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
2016-9-13
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thanks. email sent.
2016-9-13
Use props
MarcoX5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you hit a bird?
2016-9-13
Use props
simondobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Bird maybe?
2016-9-13
Use props
mmarkoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video looks like it may have gone into ATTI?
Marty
2016-9-13
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
United Kingdom

log doesnt mention losing gps. was to high to see a bird strike and didnt notice any feathers but there were some swallows flying. Im hoping thats the case and not something mechanical. vids ive seen of bird strikes look similar. will teach me for flying over my house, im usually in my field trying to build confidence, this hasnt helped
2016-9-13
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
United Kingdom

just checked the videos from a few minutes earlier and i was definetly not alone up there. my wife tells me they are swifts not swallows. so culprit may have been found.
2016-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You may have lost signal flying the p4 straight overhead your signal is at it weakest, you should look up best position for signal when flying
2016-9-13
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
United Kingdom

would a loss of signal cause that kind of erratic flying. signal strength said good as i had my antenna flat. just been out again, but lower this time. there were lots of birds interested but none getting too close.
2016-9-13
Use props
vdsky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 906831 ft
Latvia

Looks like bird hit or something like that. GPS loss or position system error not explaining that fast crazy behavior... In vide looks, like phantom is trying recover from hit. I saw exact video on youtube, when phantom recovers from hit with transport box (they tried to crash on purpose).
2016-9-13
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The exported csv is placed in a folder in the GoApp.  Hook your device to iTunes on a PC and you can copy the folder to the PC where you can see the individual exported files.
2016-9-13
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

I am new to this but noticed that my drone attracts lots of birds. One day it was 3 buzzards and the past couple of evenings a bunch of small birds are flying around the drone. I finally quit worrying and started playing with them, just flying around , up and down like a fighter pilot. they kept their distance but did not go away. I even did a stunt where I made the drone go into a falling spin and spinning takeoff. I think the birds were trying to teach me how to fly,LOL
2016-9-13
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
United Kingdom

latest flight was stable in full control, so im guessing its not mechanical or electronic. Bird strike seems to be the most likely cause. still nearly made me heart explode. maybe thats why SOME people like to fly their drone at airports, so they can benefit from the bird scarers. ;)
2016-9-13
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I guess this is why they tell you not to fly over congested areas, and even if you weren't using the camera clear breach of article 241. They'll be coming for you
2016-9-13
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

If this is the same drone you crashed into a empty, flat, open field then I would suggest you've broken something and it probably needs to be sent in for service. I wouldn't fly it again until it's fixed!

2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules