Smartphone Battery life with DJI Go
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wAJ9J1HeCTEP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20112 ft
United States

I have had my Phantom 3 Standard a couple of weeks and flown it numerous times. I am getting 20+ minutes flight time on a battery which I expected. However I've noticed the battery on my smartphone; Galaxy S6 Edge+, discharges quite rapidly when using the DJI Go app. It also seems like the transmitter needs to be charged more than I would have expected.

How many flights should one expect from a fully charged remote? How many flights are people getting on their smartphones using DJI Go. I expect I'll be getting one of those battery extenders to be on the safe side.

Thanks!
Bruce
2016-9-18
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

From a fully charged remote i do around 3 flights. I dont have more than one battery so i only get that 20+ flight with a drain of around 20+- % of battery on the smartphone. As soon as i get more batteries i'll need a batteryextender tho!
2016-9-18
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

In my case, the remote charges my device at about the same rate it uses energy. So it does not lose battery. My remote battery also lasts a long time. I only charge it occasionally and have never let it go down very far (it rarely has less than 4 lights).I have 3 batteries for the AC  and there is no appreciable loss of battery in the RC after those flights.
2016-9-18
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

yeah it drains lil faster in my s7 I have a portable power bank with two ports that'll allow me to charge the controller and phone if i must. my rc bat lasts a decent amount of time. If you're not tech-savvy it's a regular ol 18 650 battery they use them in E-Cigarettes and flashlights you can find a higher capacity and put in there if you wish they look like large Double A's
2016-9-18
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

Think about it for a second.
Your smart phone has it's display on for 15-20 minutes at a time per flight.
That sucks a lot of power out of that little phone battery.
You can help things by switching to airplane mode.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bruce,I'd suggest you to ensure that you do not have any programs running in the background when using the DJI GO app.
2016-9-18
Use props
justnik67
New

1. My galaxy battery would be nearly drained after one flight.
2. My smart phone was always tied up whIle filming with my Osmo.
What worked for me:
I purchased a few $30 pre-paid smartphones and wiped them clean of unnecessary apps. Now the batteries last a long time and I can also use them for file storage and transfer via wifi.
2016-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules