Video Flashing
1013 10 2016-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119741 ft
Canada

I've been struggling with this for awhile now. I've noticed that whenever I have trees in my videos, the leaves seem to flash. It looks like you can see the properllers in the video except that I am not moving and the camera is tilted down. I've tried recording in 1080p/60, 3840p/30 using a ND 8 filter and also using a ND 16 filter and I still get this effect. Has anyone seen this or can anyone offer a suggestion on how to correct this?

2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you post a quick clip.
2016-9-20
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Canada

I've uploaded it to YouTube but it is a little difficult to see on a small screen. You also need to view it at 1080p.

2016-9-20
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-21 04:04
Can you post a quick clip.

Here is a better clip that I hope shows what I am seeing. This one is of a field of grass while I am doing a down pan with the camera.

2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Crowesnest Posted at 2016-9-30 03:11
Here is a better clip that I hope shows what I am seeing. This one is of a field of grass while I  ...

Have you already tried resetting all the camera settings? Are you using the stock SD card, or an aftermarket one? Could you clarify what Phantom model you have?
2016-9-29
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-30 04:35
Have you already tried resetting all the camera settings? Are you using the stock SD card, or an a ...

I am using a Phantom 3 Pro. The SD card is a San Disk Ultra HC1. I have played around with the camera setting which I suspect is the problem. This all started as I tried to eliminate the "jello effect" while flying. I got rid of that but seemed to introduce these artifacts. The last video was shot using a ND 32 filter which seems to be worse than the one shot with a ND 16 filter which seems worse than one shot with a ND 8 filter. My next attempt will be to start all over again, setting the camera to auto with no ND filter. Hopefully I'll get back to a point where I have a usable video.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Crowesnest Posted at 2016-9-30 20:11
I am using a Phantom 3 Pro. The SD card is a San Disk Ultra HC1. I have played around with the cam ...

Did you happen to notice this and the vibration after a firmware update or after a hard landing? Has this unit ever come to DJI for service? It would be good troubleshooting to set the camera and lens (UV filter) to stock to see if the issue persists.
2016-9-30
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-1 01:27
Did you happen to notice this and the vibration after a firmware update or after a hard landing? H ...

I'm not sure about the vibration part. The problem has always been the artifacts. That could be caused by vibration?

I can't say whether I noticed this after a firmware upgrade. I've been seeing the problem almost from the time that I purchased the UAV. I've always assumed that using a ND filter would correct it. Most of the time I have been waiting for the various filters to arrive and then to test it. I've had one hard landing which didn't appear to damage anything. No broken props etc. I believe that I saw the problem before that happened. It has never been in for service. I hope to get out again soon to test the stock settings.
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Crowesnest Posted at 2016-10-2 03:03
I'm not sure about the vibration part. The problem has always been the artifacts. That could be cau ...

Try the stock settings and see if there are any changes. If the issue persists, you may want to have the unit sent in for further diagnostics and repair.
2016-10-1
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-2 08:39
Try the stock settings and see if there are any changes. If the issue persists, you may want to ha ...

I've tried it with the stock filter and all of the settings in auto and I get the same artifacts. How do I go about sending it in for further diagnostics and repair?
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Crowesnest Posted at 2016-10-8 22:49
I've tried it with the stock filter and all of the settings in auto and I get the same artifacts.  ...

You can email the North American Support team directly at support.us@dji.com. You can also call them at +1 818-235-0789.
2016-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules