P4 crash
1503 20 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smstagar15
lvl.2

Can someone look into CAS-251779-T1J9Q2.....

With your concern, upon checking here from the facility from the Data analysis team, you have initiated the API mode utilizing vision tracking function.

Unit flew into a house at and the switched modes several time 2 seconds before initial impact, probably you are trying to stop API control but the unit flew into a house.

Since unit was in API mode with possible 3rd party program to control the unit this case is non warranty.

SORRY....What? Unit under 3rd party control what? There was no 3rd party control....This thing broke lock and literally went CRAZY....I couldn't stop it from slamming into my house!
I want to know EXACTLY what is wrong with it also please....
This IS a Warranty Fix...Thing has less than 20 flts and is not even 3 months old... I lock up my son in law to show him the tracking..He started walking and it went CRAZY...Up, down,  backwards, I mean it was moving faster than inputs would even normally make it move...Make sense? Almost like was in Sports Mode or something... This is my 3rd DJI and if not done right it WILL be my last along with contacting Best Buy as I have made 2 payments on it...This is ridiculous!

2016-9-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you need a lawyer to sort this out.
2016-9-21
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-22 03:52
Sounds like you need a lawyer to sort this out.

haha....my brother is but you already new that...
2016-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Information is very sketchy maybe you need to show flight records
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I talked to the flight analysis department and indeed there was a 3rd party app being used.
This screenshot of your flight record shows that.
BUT, I've asked for your case to be re-evaluated and after they re-evaluate it you should get an email.
Capture.JPG
2016-9-21
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

WTF is API? All I have is DJI! There is NOTHING on my phone but DJI GO PERIOD!
2016-9-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

hmm.. is it possible that even in dji go, if the p4 goes into camera follow-mode it does some api mode to interface with the camera capture functions?
Just thinking out loud.....
2016-9-21
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-9-22 05:50
WTF is API? All I have is DJI! There is NOTHING on my phone but DJI GO PERIOD!

An API, at least in my world, is an Application Program Interface.  It is basically a channel that allows non related programs or applications to talk to each other.  So Ken is saying the flight record shows the ctrl_API or Control Application Program Interface is the API that allows third party apps to control the bird.  It is possible for a coding error to somehow allow the Go app itself to call that API but it is highly unlikely.  Ken did say he would ask for another review.  But in the mean time, if I could make a suggestion, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

2016-9-21
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

Dunno...I wasn't filming or anything...I took it up to check for deer in a field down the road and was GOING to show my son in law how cool the auto track feature is...then all hell broke loose
2016-9-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

well, keep us posted - maybe we can all learn form this, and.. perhaps DJI can find a bug if no 3rd party app was involved..  is it possible u had litchi or some other program installed? They CAN wake up on their own, and cause issues, sometimes... that is why i am not even going to have any other app on unless i deinstall the dji or whatever.. 1 at the time on my device.. just to be safe.
2016-9-21
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Jeez, sorry your drone crashed. That can be quite scary when they don't respond to your inputs and do their own thing. I have lost a few props from one drifting backwards when there was no input, but that was as bad as my situation was. Hopefully  DJI can isolate the issue and make it right for you, but I wouldn't count on it.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-9-22 07:20
Dunno...I wasn't filming or anything...I took it up to check for deer in a field down the road and w ...

What was the date of the flight, I'd like to look at the flight record.
2016-9-23
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

09/09 distance of 9646 ft
2016-9-23
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

The 3rd flight was for seconds to see how bad it was and it worked fine...Obviously didn't try the auto track....
2016-9-24
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

still waiting to hear whats going on...
2016-9-27
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

Can someone please help me out here?
2016-9-29
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-9-22 13:49
well, keep us posted - maybe we can all learn form this, and.. perhaps DJI can find a bug if no 3rd  ...

Litchi is installed on your phone... There was no other Flt Program on my phone
2016-9-29
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

I'm sure there are a lot of operator's out there with Litchi, and Autoflight type programs.  I have never heard of an app "self-starting"...

Would like to know the final outcome though.
2016-9-29
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

MGR57 Posted at 2016-9-30 04:29
I'm sure there are a lot of operator's out there with Litchi, and Autoflight type programs.  I have  ...

I would like to know what's going on! They probably looked deeper and noticed its something thats wrong with their stuff but have already tried to blame it on something I don't have and know it won't pass the smell test now...
2016-9-29
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

Thanks DJI for doing the right thing....For some reason thats unintelligible....They are covering it under warranty!
Screenshot_2016-09-30-13-03-47.jpg
2016-9-30
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

Great news!  Nice job DJI!
2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules