1431 5 2016-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justyc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1869469 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So i'm looking at Drone logbook as a solution to streamline workflow for logging flights in accordance with CAA approved ops manual. All sounds good and pretty straight forward.

However, when i go to their website they have this message Due to DJI logfile structure changes we recommend using Autoflightlogic to manage logfiles.

"Due to DJI logfile structure changeswe recommend using autoflight logic to manage logfiles"

Whats the deal with that then? to stay compliant do i need this other software? or is it simply to use a feature within Drone logbook that i'll never use?

The more this sinister plot thickens, the lighter my wallet tends to get

Help me Obe 1 Kenobe. you're my only hope.

J

2016-9-22
Use props
cinematic_aero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

I use DroneLogbook and I like it. That message means that DJI changed their logfile structure in one of the recent DJI Go app updates so their website hasn't been updated yet to be able to import data from DJI log files. You can still log your flight manually in the software, you just can't take advantage yet of uploading a log file from a flight and having it auto fill the log with GPS track and date and time and stuff. This is obviously a main feature of using DroneLogbook so hopefully they fix it soon. Log importing still works with log files from other apps, like Autopilot.

I found a temporary workaround though. Healthy Drones is updated to support the new DJI log file so I upload my log file to that and then download a Healthy Drones CSV file, which can be imported into DroneLogbook.
2016-9-23
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Now I know why there cannot be a revolution in UK. You would have to step into the grass for this.
2016-9-23
Use props
justyc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2016-9-23 20:17
Now I know why there cannot be a revolution in UK. You would have to step into the grass for this. { ...

As a Scotsman, i can fully assure you i'm up for the revolution ;)
2016-9-23
Use props
justyc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cinematic_aero Posted at 2016-9-23 16:27
I use DroneLogbook and I like it. That message means that DJI changed their logfile structure in one ...

Big thanks CA! appreciate the info. Healthy drones = Healthy workflow
2016-9-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

justyc Posted at 2016-9-23 15:38
As a Scotsman, i can fully assure you i'm up for the revolution ;)

I am a Scotsman meself ...............My  Grand-dad was from Dundee Scotland ....Part of the Watson Clan.

I raise a  pint in your General direction

Cheer's Mate

donnie
2016-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules