Any Updates WITHOUT complete uninstalls?
1145 14 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

ive see lots of probs with the latest updates being applied/installed.  many have resolved their issues (or avoided them to begin with) by fully uninstalling first.  im willing to do this but obviously a lot of work so slightly disappointing.

i thought id ask, have any of you done this update the 'normal' way (just dloaded and updated the app then let the app apply all the other updates) WITHOUT having any issues?
2015-1-31
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

No problem with the Apple version of PT2 and the upgrade...
2015-1-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I tried to install the upgrades without uninstalling the 3 apps, but I was getting conflicting info.
It doesn't take long to uninstall the windows driver, the PT2 and the RC program. You have to click EXE to install the new updates anyway so get a fresh install.  I even uninstalled the DJI app on my tabet and got the new one from the download page.
2015-1-31
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes i know it isnt hard, i develop software for a living so i know the ins and outs of installs and driver registrations, just not something that is a normal must for 99% of apps so i dont like wasting time, even if only 10 or 15 mins (i have enough things every day that stretch my time already).  so it isnt whether i know if i can do it properly just figuring out how common it was (in other words if 9 out of 10 people fail the easy way, then ill take the time, if it were lower odds, i might not).  
2015-1-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-1 02:02
yes i know it isnt hard, i develop software for a living so i know the ins and outs of installs and  ...

How's the hand, healing up well?
2015-1-31
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

thanks for asking gerry, 2 of the three are nearly healed.  my pinky will likely take 2 or 3 more weeks.  but at least that finger is least used.  getting my thumb use back this weekend has been tremendous.   going flying in the next hour... sunny and 57 here with 4mph winds.  looking forward to it...
2015-1-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-1 02:27
thanks for asking gerry, 2 of the three are nearly healed.  my pinky will likely take 2 or 3 more we ...

That's good to hear.  Every day will get better as far as the healing goes.

It's sunny and -4 degrees and 12 knot winds here, chill factor is a lot colder brrrrrrrrrrr

Stay healthy my friend
2015-1-31
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi G,
I have a PV2+ and an android phone running 4.1.2 jelly bean.  I loaded up the new app update, then the camera update and lastly the 3.1 update in that order and everything worked perfectly without uninstalling anything.  Everything working as specidfied.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-31
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

Installed assistant 3.8 without uninstalling 3.6 or drivers on my WIN8.1 Machine and did the update on my P2V+ V3 without any problems.
Also App 1.0.52 works on my Lollipop 5.0.2 Nexus 7 without crashes
2015-1-31
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

rod Posted at 2015-2-1 04:17
Hi G,
I have a PV2+ and an android phone running 4.1.2 jelly bean.  I loaded up the new app update,  ...

Further to my earlier post, I have just flown a test flight with all the new updates- everything is perfect and I am a happy pilot!  nothing else to report other than  no flyaways, no breaks in transmission, and video recording and still all still work as they should.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-31
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

thanks gang, im going to try in the next few days to do the order rod mentioned.  ill post results.  as always, appreciate the banter...
2015-1-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-1 07:52
thanks gang, im going to try in the next few days to do the order rod mentioned.  ill post results.  ...

I wish I could fly, it's -14 now and going to be colder for the next week.  I'm half expecting to see Guy's penguin showing up at my door soon.
2015-1-31
Use props
johnaunderwood
lvl.2

United States

Upgrade the normal way, no problems.
2015-1-31
Use props
marc.aronowitz.
lvl.2

United States

Greg,  I was able to do the update normally with-out an issue.   Haven't had a chance to fly yet though...
2015-1-31
Use props
youngphoto.me
lvl.1

United States

Upgraded on a Mac with no problem, no errors.  
2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules