Osmo Mobile + iPhone 7 Plus - KIDS! Example Footage
1462 2 2016-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edmond Chan
New

New Zealand

Hi All,

I'm a fairly happy owner and user of a DJI Osmo Mobile and the new iPhone 7 Plus. I purchased it so that I can record videos of my two young children; be able to follow them around (walking or running) with relatively stable footage really appealed to me. I couldn't quite justify the price of the original DJI Osmo device because I'm not after any professional results - it's more for recording memories of my children before they grow older! The Osmo Mobile is a lot more justifiable, and smartphone cameras these days are pretty decent so why carry more than you need!

Here is a long 6 minute video of following my son around in a mall. I previously had the 6S Plus and it gave me similar results. Note that I've paid due attention to the forums here so I'm using the standard iPhone camera app, recording in 4K 30fps. The footage has NOT been amended because I'm too lazy - I simply copy the raw .MOV file from my iPhone onto the computer and upload it to Youtube.

I see a lot of complaints on the forums here so thought I'd share my results for anyone else interested in using the Osmo Mobile for recording kids.

Cheers
Edmond

2016-9-25
Use props
QH6POHQyXhgR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3973 ft
Australia

Footage looks good to me;)

Did you have to ninja walk like DJI suggested? Or did you just walk as you would normally?

Have you also run with it?
2016-9-25
Use props
Edmond Chan
New

New Zealand

QH6POHQyXhgR Posted at 2016-9-26 12:18
Footage looks good to me;)

Did you have to ninja walk like DJI suggested? Or did you just walk as y ...

Thanks for your feedback!

No I'd hate to look like a (wannabe) ninja inside a mall I was walking normally but also trying to hold the Osmo as steady as I can at the same time without looking awkward. You will note that a lot of the footage was taken at toddler height - I was using it in flashlight mode / style. Still learning how to handle the Osmo better with the trigger so footage should only get better as I get more practice.

Without the Osmo Mobile I would imagine that trying to hold the phone steady at toddler height wouldn't look very natural or feel very comfortable for long periods of time.

I don't have example footage while running yet as my son doesn't run very fast at the moment - fast walking allows me to keep up with him if he does start to run - I'll try and find an opportunity to do more footage this coming weekend.
2016-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules