70% battery and low voltage
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andreaindra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5154 ft

Indonesia

I just had a scary experienced about 2 days ago. While I still have 70% of battery (3.7 voltage) show at djigo app and I decided to take off and flying low about 10 mtr. But about 10 second later the volrage down to 3.4 and there is a message appear on my djigo app like this 'the power of propellers is limited because the low voltage of the battery. After this message appeared, my p3a decided to landing without my command. Anyone can explain what I experienced about? Would it happen it the mid flight and the phantom decide to land where it fly? Thanks.
2016-9-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The first question I would ask is when did you previously charged the battery?

The battery percentage indicator is a calculated value, and is not always accurate, especially if the battery had been stored for some time. What happened was the aircraft saw the voltag4e drop and decided to lower the output power in order to stop the aircraft running out of power while in the air.

How far away from the take off point did the aircraft land? It it was within 20 Metres, then that is normal. The aircraft will not return to home if RTH kicks in and the aircraft is within 20 Metres of home.

It is also possible the aircraft decided the battery was at a critical low level and decided the safest thing would be to land immediately.

During all of this, you should have received numerous messages telling you what was going on.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi , could you please clarify what kind of temperature were you flying in?
And were you flying aggressively like full throttle when this occurred ?
2016-9-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

70% indicated in the app is not the same as 70% fuel in your car's fuel tank.
If you have left the battery for some time it will not be able to deliver the appropriate voltage (as you found out).
As the manual says ... always fly with a fully charged battery.
2016-9-28
Use props
andreaindra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5154 ft

Indonesia

Thanks all for the replies.

Based from explanation above, I concluded the mistake was on me. The night before this flight, I turn on my p3a without do flying, just setting and testing the camera but it took about 1 hour before I turn it back off (I noted 70% of battery when I turn it off). Tomorrow evening I turn my p3a on and the battery still state 70% of power so I decided to fly close around me, about 10 mtr high and 0.5 mtr far and after 10 seconds of flight I got that message and my p3a soon going to land.

Fiuh one new lesson to be learned. Thanks all
2016-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules