DJI Assistant 2 not working
4424 12 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386017 ft

I started getting a Vission Sensor Comunication Error (10c00).  I downloaded DJI assistant 2 on my pc..  The problem is when I plug the P4 in, the DJI assistant 2 recognizes I have a P4 plugged in.  When I try to calibrate it will not give me the option to start the calibration.  Same with trying to update the software or just trying to bring back to factory defaults (both end with download failed).  It wont even let me access flight data.  I have had this P4 since March when i bought it from an Apple Store.  I am not a verry techi guy so I hope I am missing something simple.  Any suggestions??

2016-10-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, if it can recognize your aircraft, which means it's installed properly. May I know what is the operating system of your PC? have you tried to delete it and install again or change another computer to have a test?
Since you cannot calibrate Vision Sensor successfully, please pay attention to the following tips:
1. Please calibrate it in main screen if it's double-screen
2. Please do not use screen  tieline.
3. Any notice pops out? such as "please input right screen size" .

Besides, what is the current firmware version, you could check it on "About" page through APP. You could try to upgrade it through APP if it fails with Assistant 2.
2016-10-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at video below, this may help. Also try a different monitor or screen resolution setting. The Assistant 2 software seems to be susceptible to problems in these areas.

2016-10-2
Use props
ed
lvl.1

I have uninstalled Assistant 2 and reinstalled twice.  The running system on the PC is the latest version of Windows.  My P4 shows that it has the latest firmware however Assistant 2 gives me the option to install it.  Assistant 2 does recognize that my P4?is plugged in.  The problem is it won't let me do anything.  It won't give me the option to calibrate or change firmware or bring back to factory default.  It keeps coming back with attempts failed indicators.
2016-10-2
Use props
ed
lvl.1

Aardvark I can't even get to the point to have the option to calibrate as your video explains.
2016-10-2
Use props
ed
lvl.1
United States

How do I access the "About" page on app?
2016-10-2
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

ed@edwardsroofi Posted at 2016-10-3 04:54
How do I access the "About" page on app?

I'm gonna chime in here to a 2 week old post.. I went to calibrate today too - with the latest DJI Assistant 2... The START button is greyed, and there is a lot of noise like speech in 20 languages all at the same time from the speakers on the PC.

The old Assistant allowed me to calibrate, so hopefully all is good.. But worrying though, esp at a time when it seems there are all kinds of app issues too!

Anyone from DJI confirm I'm good calibrating with the older assistant 2 software?
2016-10-18
Use props
bdimarzio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

calls4u2 Posted at 2016-10-19 00:50
I'm gonna chime in here to a 2 week old post.. I went to calibrate today too - with the latest DJI ...

Hello, I also would like to calibrate my vision system however  When I press Calibrate  I get the screen size error.

thanks,

Bob
2016-10-27
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

bdimarzio Posted at 2016-10-27 18:42
Hello, I also would like to calibrate my vision system however  When I press Calibrate  I get the  ...

I used mine to calibrate yesterday.  I run a Mac. No troubles.
2016-10-27
Use props
bdimarzio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Paddle Faster Posted at 2016-10-28 07:52
I used mine to calibrate yesterday.  I run a Mac. No troubles.

I guess I'll Supply additional information for DJI :

Windows 10 64 bit

Nividia 750TI Monitor resolution 1920x1080
2016-10-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bdimarzio Posted at 2016-10-28 10:57
I guess I'll Supply additional information for DJI :

Windows 10 64 bit

I'm on Win 10 64bit also and having same problem of the multiple voices and blank calibration screen.

I initially had the 'greyed out' Calibrate button problem too, but noted that my PC was waiting to apply some Windows updates and needed a reboot. When I did that and restarted the app, I had the calibrate button back - except it just opened a blank window.... arrrgghhh!

Now I'm looking for a link to downgrade to the previous version of DJI Assistant. V1.0.6 has serious multiple personality issues!
2016-10-31
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I had the same VPS calibration problem in Win 10 and it works on iMac.
2016-10-31
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jason WAI Posted at 2016-11-1 15:53
I had the same VPS calibration problem in Win 10 and it works on iMac.

Interesting, but not surprising. Different code libraries so they may as well be different apps... Perhaps I should buy a Mac just to calibrate my P4? (haha)

Mindy's response in the other thread on this is interesting too.
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules