Newbie trying video playback
528 4 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nNOlBfOK5no6
New

United Kingdom

Hi

Having just purchased my P3S and taken various video's I find when I replay them on the micro sd card in my laptop the film is very jumpy?
The photos are good and I have tried changing the type of software for playback with no luck.

I know this is a basic question but can somebody help as im sure its just a computer problem rather than the unit not working correctly

Cheers

Russ.
2016-10-2
Use props
nNOlBfOK5no6
New

United Kingdom

Bump! Bump!
2016-10-4
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

OK, well first off, the video on your mobile device should be avoided unless you have transferred the video from the PS3 to your mobile.  I avoid that myself.

What I recommend is to transfer the video from your MicroSD card to your computer to view and edit the videos.  NOTE: MicroSD cards have different transfers rates, so a high end card is recommended.
SanDisk Extreme 64GB

Next, your video card and the video playback drivers are key to good video playback and editing.
If you recorded you video at 2K, then you will need a very good video card to handle the playback.

You can reduce the video from a 2K down if needed by using software tools like Handbrake (windows)

So two thongs we need to know.
What type of computer do you have (make/model) so we can look up your video card specs.
Have you tried to record @ 1080P instead of 2K and see how the video playback is for you?
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what resolution are you filming at? If you are filming UHD, then you would want to look at microcyb's advice.
2016-10-4
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you copying the files to your hard drive and playing them from there?
If not, you should.
If you get jumpy playback from your hard drive, try another player.
Download VLC Media Player and see if that's any better.
If you still have a problem, it sounds like you are trying to play 4K video on a machine that can't cope with the processing that requires.
Either get a more capable computer or shoot at 1080p for video you can play properly.
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules