Phantom4 and DJI Ultimate Flight
968 5 2016-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darryn2
New

Was out and about with my new P4 flying down a river at the time, had good signal with wifi, all of a sudden my phone (Samsumg7) gave a server error (unsure why it was communicating with any server) message and shut the app down.  As I tried in vain to load and get back the connection my drone took a dive in the river and to this day has not been seen again.  Was set to Go Home if signal lost, but didnt.  As DJI Ultimate flight (an SDK) does not have the same log files as the standard DJI App, DJI could not find what went wrong even though I have given them all the information that was available on heathydrone.com and the log file from DJU Ultimate app.  Who to blame? Pass next question.  Not 2 weeks later I was told that DJI have released a new firmware to include log files in there SDK.... that helps going forward.... not me...

DJI have given me a 30% discount on a replacement, up from 10% which they first tried to give me.

So to cut to the short story, Be careful using SDK software as DJI does not back this up in any way and you could be out of pocket a lot of $$$.

2016-10-4
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

Are you sure that DJI Ultimate flight has any connection at all with DJI, the producers of the Phantom ??
The webpage is strange to say the least and mentions only a foggy company named "Android by Ken" ???
2016-10-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even with the crashed device (Samsung) the RC would likely have still been fully functional and able to control the aircraft, which is why the aircraft did not lose signal and return to home.
2016-10-5
Use props
darryn2
New

PhanFran Posted at 2016-10-5 19:49
Are you sure that DJI Ultimate flight has any connection at all with DJI, the producers of the Phant ...

DJI Ultimate Flight is an app made with the Software Development Kit (SDK) from DJI.  It is a great app with loads of features and a nice User Interface.  
2016-10-5
Use props
darryn2
New

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-5 20:48
Even with the crashed device (Samsung) the RC would likely have still been fully functional and able ...

Why would it land though, there must have been a fault for it to land in the river and not return home.  Battery on crash was 58% as seen here.
2016-10-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It could have received a corrupted instruction when the App' crashed causing it to land. Or perhaps you accidentally hit the throttle stick in your efforts to gain control. It would seem that it was in sports mode given the maximum speed, so takes much longer to come to a stop whichever direction it is travelling. So with a maximum height of 39.4 feet it wouldn't take much to end up in the water. Or even a bird strike. Perhaps you can provide a link to the Healthy Drones file; or upload and provide a link to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/; it might provide more information.

2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules