What's needed for a Zenmuse X3/X5-based non-aerial remote camera?
721 2 2016-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rg4pIR6DyzD1
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Hello,

I would like to build a non-aerial remote camera, preferably based on something like the OSMO+ camera. The challenge is to make the gimbal work without the handle with a "compatible" DJI GCU. "Compatible" is in quotes for obvious reasons as I haven't found a company sanctioned solution for this.

The applications are numerous. For example, imagine a camera installed inside the cokpit of a motor vehcicle that you can control from a nearby stationary post or moving vehicle.

The partial solution I have is to mount the X3/X5 camera to a custom base using the base spare part (from the Inspire 1), connect it to a Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC GCU and connect the GCU to a Lightbridge for control and video transmission. It is partial because 1) the cabling may need modification as I suspect the base has one additional connection at each cable - G6 and G9 in the GCU; 2) I do not know if the GCU can operate or be programmed to operate the OSMO gimbal.

Any suggestions on how to achive this or someting similar with DJI Products?

Thanks
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, for industry solutions, you can contact solutions@dji.com .  Thank you.
2016-10-7
Use props
Tecnocato
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-8 03:58
Hi, for industry solutions, you can contact  .  Thank you.

Thanks for the Solutions email. I'll write them with what I need and see what they suggest.
2016-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules