Inspire one goes nuts!
1125 5 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barrettpeebles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549564 ft

So never had any issues thought flyaways were just bad misfortune of some. Nope went nuts and Elvis has left the building. DJI told me it was in a certain spot but GPS coordinates still equal jack. Anyone have any other ideas
2016-10-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you have your FAA # on it ? or name Address Etc.  I recovered a Horizon Quad once this way .  

If you have the co-ordinates why cant you find it ?  ( dense area, trees, area 51 etc. )  Was it in an area where someone could have found it ?  Perhaps  Post something in that Area of lost drone and Reward .

Was the AC far away when it was lost ?  the problem in a fly away is it could be miles away .  I would scour the area of last report.

sorry for the loss-

Also watch on E bay for someone saying they recovered a Quad and dont have any info about it .  I have heard of this happening.

donnie
2016-10-9
Use props
barrettpeebles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549564 ft
United States

I have personally been over the area and a large surrounding the lat and long provided. A group of five members have searched the area all weekend to no avail! DJI needs to step up and take responsibility why my drone flew away
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your loss.
Have you synced your flight records and sent your DJI account email to our support team?
Our engineers will help to analyse your flight records let you know what could have caused the issue.
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

barrettpeebles Posted at 2016-10-9 23:37
I have personally been over the area and a large surrounding the lat and long provided. A group of f ...

Barrett -That is being a little strong,  Are you sure you had all the settings correct for The RTH ?  What level of battery when you took off ?   I think you need to do all the Due diligence to see what happened before  placing this responsibility  on DJI.  
I have been in RC for close to 30 years and Have crashed several times , sometimes my fault, other times battery  failure, servo gear strippped, Prop failure.  It happens , just part of the Hobby . Todays system are more reliable than ever but it still can  occcur.

As I said   ,these things do happen , and I am sorry for your loss.  Gather the Data and see what you can find out.

Was your FAA number on the aircraft as well l as Name  and Phone number ? ( I got one of mine back this way , Now I have a Trackimo device , If you get yours back I strongly urge you to get one )

What setting was you RTH set to ?  

How long have you owned the System ?  

Once again sorry for the loss.

donnie  
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

barrettpeebles Posted at 2016-10-9 23:37
I have personally been over the area and a large surrounding the lat and long provided. A group of f ...

One thought , if perhaps you did not have the RTH set high enough and you lost siganl ( and GPS )If you had the RTH function enabled it will take a direct flight back to to the recorded home point .  So draw on a Map a straight line between you and the last known position .  Now I have my RTH height set at 50 meters so I would look for obstructions  that would be in that flight path  over 50 meters.  Of course your settings will determine the Height of the highest obstacle . I would follow this flight path in general because the aircraft will begin a decent as soon as it reaches critically low battery and will land , this once again would be along that straight line from the last recorded point and your Home point.

Hope you find it .

donnie
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules