Got Drone back, a different one
878 10 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Not bitching as Im glad you guys stood behind your product but the drone I got back isn't mine (which you told me) and its an older model without the divots for the gimbal lock. I want the newest one like I payed or paying 1400$ for....  Its not transmitting back video harldly at all...All digitized, and when it does come through it lags....Never had this before with my other drone...Is there a way to find out what was wrong with this one, you repaired something on it?
SN is either 07DDD2Q or 0A11375 these numbers are on top of each other in the battery compartment... I cant test out Auto track of anything due to this...But still, why would I get an older version of the P4? The one I had was not even 9 weeks old!
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi smstagar15, would you please provide your case number, we'll help you escalate it, thanks.
2016-10-13
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft

Samething happened to me. Sent it in 3 times for same issue and I got a differnent everytime. I gave up. I still have horizon tilt. Say goodbye to the one you had. According to DJI once they replace it they can't locate your original. At least that is what they told me. But then again you may get lucky. Good luck. This was a long painful process for me. Around 3 months.
2016-10-13
Use props
wcharwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft
United States

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-10-13 21:07
Samething happened to me. Sent it in 3 times for same issue and I got a differnent everytime. I gave ...

I've read through my DJI Care Service Agreement.  This agreement does NOT contain any language referencing a replacement being a "refurbished" drone. In fact -

Section III - Coverage Amount clearly states "if your aircraft is complete;y damaged or presumed to be completely damaged and needs to be exchanged with a NEW one.....

And further stating again in Section III "However, if your aircraft is completely damaged or presumed to be completely damaged and needs to be exchanged with a new one"

There is absolutely no language in this agreement, which is provided to the customer from DJI for an extra $299, that states anything about replacement with a used or refurbished unit.

This is exactly what was "sold" to me in the sales pitch by my "enjoy" representative and it is exactly as I read the agreement.

I believe DJI needs to honor this agreement and send a new drone if the original one sent in under this plan needs to be replaced. New means New and not used by someone for a few months and returned.
2016-10-15
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Good luck.   Maybe if you go to Bejing in person and plead your case there?
China is now a powerful nation and does not need to respect USA or International law.
If I were you, I would try asking as nicely as you possibly can.   Showing you are a loyal customer and appreciate their efforts.
The Chinese do not take kindly to rude or demanding attitudes.
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you could provide your previous case or ticket number, we can better follow up as to what was done with this RMA. To better troubleshoot this current unit, what mobile device do you use?
2016-10-15
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-16 12:29
If you could provide your previous case or ticket number, we can better follow up as to what was don ...

It was sent back last Monday...I have no idea as the RMA and stuff as I included it with the drone...I still haven't gotten an email saying y'all received it...
2016-10-29
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-10-29 15:20
It was sent back last Monday...I have no idea as the RMA and stuff as I included it with the drone ...

you should have the email that was sent to you with shipping info I would think,
check in that

and anytime you ship something always copy all the info in case of loss or damage and questions like above

this is true for any company btw not just dji

a picture of the paperwork and item/box can only help and never hurt....

good luck
2016-10-29
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

This is the new RMA...CAS-285493-W5H8X5
It says it won't be delivered until Monday but its in CA now...
2016-10-29
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-16 12:29
If you could provide your previous case or ticket number, we can better follow up as to what was don ...

I have a Galaxy Note 5....I had no issues with my drone that had an auto track failure...when i received the replacement I got no video back...Problem isn't my phone...
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

smstagar15 Posted at 2016-10-30 03:44
I have a Galaxy Note 5....I had no issues with my drone that had an auto track failure...when i re ...

From what I can see, there were enough internal components replaced in the last RMA that it could effect the serial numbers, such as the main controller, the shell and the central cover. With your current RMA, it looks like it's moving along the repair process and should be completed soon.
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules