905 7 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bradleyrogers23
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

I had someone buy a remote that I was using only as a slave remote. I used my master remote with my Ipad and the slave remote with an android phone. Never had any problems with either one. Buyer tried to use remote as slave but could never get it connected. Said they spend a couple of hours on the phone with DJI support with no luck. Once I recived the remote back, I was able to connect it again as a slave with no problems. Are there special steps that someone would need to follow if they buy a remote that was used with another aircraft (as a slave remote) before they can set it up on theirs? Any help is greatly appreciated.
2016-10-17
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Try linking the new controller to the new aircraft with the link button at the front of the aircraft.  Refer to page 34 of the Inspire Manual for help.

See if the relinking resolves.....
2016-10-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did they have the proper matching FW that was on the Master ?  also they  need to go through ALL the settings and make sure they are the same Or Reset the RC Transmitter  if they are having a problem .

I did have a friends do this once and tried and tried and then suddenly it worked ( Like 10 times )  , did they perhaps have a faulty Go app or cable ?  **** I have also seen Incorrect Stick Mode cause the problem , one was on Mode 1 and the other on Mode 2 .  

donnie  

Donnie

2016-10-17
Use props
bradleyrogers23
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks guys....So if im planning on selling the remote should I just go ahead and reset the controller? ( C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, turn off and turn on the RC without releasing these buttons)
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bradleyrogers23 Posted at 2016-10-18 00:03
Thanks guys....So if im planning on selling the remote should I just go ahead and reset the controll ...

That should do the trick. Please let us know if it happens again.
2016-10-17
Use props
bradleyrogers23
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-18 01:15
That should do the trick. Please let us know if it happens again.

Thanks Jamie, how can I tell if the reset worked?
2016-10-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

bradleyrogers23 Posted at 2016-10-17 18:08

If you really want to be sure , Install the Go App on another  device , or delete the one you have and re install then load the slave  that you cleared and make sure all the settings are factory default . That is how I would be sure .  
You could also do a full reset but it may take the RC back to far .  I would just do the  basic re set above and see if it will link with yours ok , then you know the re set procedure works then clear it again and sell it .

Donnie
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bradleyrogers23 Posted at 2016-10-18 07:08

When you power up the RC, the LED indicator would be a solid red to indicate that it's not connected to anything. Essentially, it would be ready to be paired up as either a master or a slave.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules