DJI Osmo - IPhone 7 camera shake issue
3139 7 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nathanielljones
New

United Kingdom

Do DJI have plans to resolve this issue? Can the IPhone 7's OS be disabled?

I currently have a DJI Osmo in transit, and plan to cancel it
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

No, Osmo Mobile doesn't have issue with iPhone 7, good walking skill will give you a smooth video
2016-10-17
Use props
brarno10
lvl.1

United States

Really?

9:52 in - side by side comparison and you can see the shakes,

They are on a skateboard so please don't say "ninja walk," and they are review professionals.

There ARE issues with OIS and this thing shouldn't have been released until it worked with the latest gen phones -- totally understand you guys can't control Apple here, but when it is marketed as something that works with the iPhone 7 and7+ and you even are saying there is no issue above when there clearly is, it is a bait-and-switch tactic.  I'm having to waste money on return shipping of my product now.  

I love the idea of it -- future proof and easy to use with fantastic potential -- and I will buy it again if the issue is fixed, but seriously, its a crappy excuse that you guys didn't think of this and disclose the issue while in R&D.  Spoke with a rep on the phone a few days ago and he admitted most people are returning their units.

2016-10-18
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101526 ft
United States

brarno10 Posted at 2016-10-18 09:35
Really?

9:52 in - side by side comparison and you can see the shakes, https://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Absolutely agree.

I am currently using an iPhone 6 until they solve the issue with the 7 and 7 Plus. The videos take with the 7 and 7 plus are unusable.

2016-10-18
Use props
brarno10
lvl.1

United States

zoti Posted at 2016-10-18 15:17
Absolutely agree.

I am currently using an iPhone 6 until they solve the issue with the 7 and 7 Pl ...

If they ever fix it -- DJI wants to blame Apple's inability to turn off physical OIS... what a weak excuse.  Of course the new gen phones were going to have OIS, how was this not tested or thought of before the launch.

I would hold onto my model, but I am not holding my breath on this update since it seems like a bit more than a simple software upgrade, and also Apple isn't exactly the best company to change its own product to support a niche usage group.  To most OIS is a great upgrade, as it should be... just sad that DJI released this and is holding onto the lie that there is no issue.
2016-10-18
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

How come I don't see other gimbals having the same problem with the iPhones with OIS? At least I couldn't find any videos.
2016-10-18
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

Ok. I take hat back. Here are issues in this video as well and they are the same as with the DJI gimbal when a video is taken with the built in camera app. The issues are far more pronounced when using the DJI GO app.

2016-10-18
Use props
brarno10
lvl.1

United States

zoti Posted at 2016-10-18 16:58
Ok. I take hat back. Here are issues in this video as well and they are the same as with the DJI gim ...

Yea, the issue is directly linked to the OIS, whether they want to admit it or not... it will be a pain in the neck with any gimbal, but the whole reason you spend more money and go to a company like DJI is because they are typically well tested and dependable products... this device was clearly released without caring that it won't work for the latest gen phones, which is unacceptable.  the answer should never be to use older tech.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules