Prop Guard Detection Turning Off Front Sensors
772 7 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
castanedab10
New

United States

I just updated to the most current versions for App, Controller and Phantom 4 firmware and I am getting a weird error message that keeps saying Prop Guards are mounted and front sensors will be turned off. The weird thing is I have never even put Prop Guards on. My drone barely has 4 hours on it. I did notice that when I wave my hand in front of it and touch the lights under the Props the message will briefly go away but then it will keep coming up. Let me know if there is anything I can do to get rid of this because it is getting really annoying that I can't use any of the Tap to Fly modes or Active track.

Thanks!
2016-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Is this happening outdoors or indoors? If it is indoors, try going outside and testing it. The DJI prop guards have a pattern on them that the obstacle sensor recognises, perhaps it is seeing a simlar pattern.
2016-10-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Perhaps that one or both of the visual sensors at the front are dirty, creating the illusion that something is attached?
2016-10-20
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

Have you also completed the newest VPS calibration in Assistant 2.0 version 1.06?  Sensing distance and angle is now included as part of the new calibration version.
2016-10-20
Use props
castanedab10
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-20 21:07
Is this happening outdoors or indoors? If it is indoors, try going outside and testing it. The DJI p ...

It's happing outdoors, I'll try setting it up in a different location to see if that makes a difference.
2016-10-20
Use props
castanedab10
New

United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-10-20 21:46
Perhaps that one or both of the visual sensors at the front are dirty, creating the illusion that so ...

Let me try and clean them to see if that works.
2016-10-20
Use props
castanedab10
New

United States

gmccurdy@att.ne Posted at 2016-10-20 22:09
Have you also completed the newest VPS calibration in Assistant 2.0 version 1.06?  Sensing distance  ...

I will try and recalibrate everything to make sure that I rule that out.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try the methods mentioned above and keep us posted.
Besides, may I know what mobile device you are using? if still the same case, please record a video for us so that we can get it analyzed, thanks.
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules