Apple Delayed again
12Next >
3820 61 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

For any one that ordered through Apple, they have delayed till December 15th. A full 2 months after DJI released their product.
2016-10-25
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Are you sure the orders are delayed or is just delayed for new orders?
2016-10-25
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

All orders are delayed, except those that have actually shipped.
2016-10-25
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-25 08:28
Are you sure the orders are delayed or is just delayed for new orders?

My Apple order still shows "Available in November" But I never got an answer when exactly, hopefully beginning of November.

...but I have some more pre-orders running, BB and Adorama - we will see when I get one  ;-)
2016-10-25
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>

Mine says November and ordered on the 27th.. but no confirmation if and when in December  I will get
2016-10-25
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

If I was Apple I would have a serious issue with NewEgg receiving and shipping orders before they even receive theirs.
2016-10-25
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

I talked to the apple shop support and that friendly lady created a digtal cart for me.
So if the Mavic is in Stock and ready to ship she would immediatly call me!
Thats service!
2016-10-25
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

What is your source?
2016-10-25
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft

I ordered mine from Apple on the 16th and tried to cancel it last night so I could order from Best buy. They said they couldn't because it's on a pallet in their warehouse and will be shipped November 1st. Should be getting mine next week.
2016-10-25
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I have stated this before, but got quickly shot down. I will say it again anyway...

It would NOT be cost effective DJI to send every unit direct to customers from China. The bulk of the units are going to ride by truck, train, ship, or a combination thereof. For us in the Apple, Amazon, B&H and most other retailers in the US, those units will come by ship. That means weeks of travel time, to be put in shipping containers, get loaded onto a ship, travel across the world, get unloaded and put on rail and/or truck, then move to warehouses for US distributors, where they will finally get divided up into individual order fullfillments and finally take another truck ride to the customers door, via ups or fedex.

I ordered mine on October 2nd or 3rd... And my estimated delivery is November 28 - December 13, which seems completely reasonable. But this is the reality of it. Frankly, I was shocked that DJI actually sent individual units to pre-order customers via DHL, for free... Clearly, this was an expensive effort on the part of DJI to safe face for those early orders, but there is no way they could continue to do this for customers all over the world. It's just bad business, financially, to do that.

I originally figured that the first orders would not arrive to customers until Nov 7, or later... I was happy to be wrong about that, but I still think that most people's wait is just beginning. It's just common sense.
2016-10-25
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-25 22:08
I have stated this before, but got quickly shot down. I will say it again anyway...

It would NOT  ...

Your absolutely right! I stated the same early on and got called names about it. Now what I have said is becoming  reality. DJI is using retailers as their mules to distribute these. What triggered my suspicions early on was the DJI chat lady saying I could cancel my order at any time if I found a retailer that had it before my DJI order shipped. Let's face it DJI would rather ship pallets than individual orders.
2016-10-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

It would NOT  ...

Mnnmm.... DJI does that not just preorder but basically all online store order is send by DHL, so do Apple online store and many others.  This being done for years, that not new to almost everyone.
2016-10-25
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2016-10-25 10:05
Mnnmm.... DJI does that not just preorder but basically all online store order is send by DHL, so  ...

I's sure that's true, for Hong Kong. They DJI is close enough to you that they could deliver by catipult. I am talking about the US, which is across an ocean. And for me, personally, I only order from outlets with a US warehouse, so I know I will not get charged immediately, and I don't have to worry about if I am ever going to get my order.
2016-10-25
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

All of my previous orders were shipped DHL straight from DJI.
2016-10-25
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

My order is on a plane right now about to land at East Midlands airport for delivery tomorrow. They are shipped by air not sea!
2016-10-25
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>

Well I'm hoping there some movement of my mavic order from apple soon..   nothing has changed since the 27th
2016-10-25
Use props
uKsAN097g5rl
lvl.3

United States

Mine is showing November from Apple.  Guessing December is for the people just now ordering.
2016-10-25
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>

Yeah but no actual date
2016-10-25
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

I just checked with Apple Canada.  Expected delivery time is December 19th if you order now.  Might be earlier if they clear the backlog.
2016-10-25
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-25 14:02

I hate to keep explaining this, but I am not talking about orders from DJI. I am talking about orders for US retailers. Their stock does not come in piece meal, one at a time by air. It comes in cargo containers on a boat, just like all other product from Asia.
2016-10-25
Use props
kevinreed222
lvl.1

United States

I ordered on oct 9th through apple. Checked my order on the website said November for shipping. I called apple today to see what was going on and they said mine was  preparing for shipment in the next day or so and I should get it on November 1st but the extra battery won't be there till later in the month. And he said for my trouble he would knock off a 100 bucks!  So I got mine for 899.00. Pretty much knocked of the tax.
2016-10-25
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3
United States

kevinreed222 Posted at 2016-10-25 21:29
I ordered on oct 9th through apple. Checked my order on the website said November for shipping. I ca ...

I was told pretty much the same last night on the Apple chat. I didn't get a $100 knocked off mine though... I ordered on the 16th. The guy confirmed they had warehouse stock on pallets! Glad I canceled with DJI and went this route.
2016-10-25
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>

I spoke to apple also, not a peep about mavics being on a pallet in a warehouse , and that all they can give me is November as a delivery date .
Not sure what's going on here
2016-10-25
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3

mgtkilledkenny@ Posted at 2016-10-26 12:26
I spoke to apple also, not a peep about mavics being on a pallet in a warehouse , and that all they  ...

I went to cancel my Apple order last night and it wouldn't let me online,so I got on the Apple chat to see why and was told they have stock in the warehouse on pallets and my order was transitioning from processing to preparing for shipment. Decided to keep my order...
2016-10-25
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ultra flight ?? Where are you based?
2016-10-25
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3

mgtkilledkenny@ Posted at 2016-10-26 13:15
Ultra flight ?? Where are you based?

United states
2016-10-25
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah right , I'm in the UK and apple website still has the cancel order button on my order .
Is that still the same with you ?
2016-10-25
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

method007 Posted at 2016-10-26 05:32

All my previous orders thru DJI have come by air via DHL
2016-10-25
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3

mgtkilledkenny@ Posted at 2016-10-26 13:24
Ah right , I'm in the UK and apple website still has the cancel order button on my order .
Is that s ...

I have the same button but if I hit the cancel button it won't let me cancel online,it gives a customer support number to call, I believe this is due to the order already advancing to the next stage as the person was saying last night when I talked to them. I also have a xtra battery on order with them,it will let me cancel that,so I'm betting they don't have the batteries yet. So I am hoping to get a tracking number soon for the mavic,I can wait for the battery...
2016-10-25
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well fair enough, im not even going to try and cancel . But thanks for your info.
2016-10-25
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3

mgtkilledkenny@ Posted at 2016-10-26 13:35
Well fair enough, im not even going to try and cancel . But thanks for your info.

You can hit the cancel button to test it. If it comes to a screen that says something like submit or don't submit then the warehouse probably doesn't have anything yet, just make sure to hit don't submit if you want to keep your order. But if it says you have to call a customer support number you may be getting close to getting shipped. It's your call...
2016-10-25
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spoke to apple again this morning.. and there have no idea of stock in any warehouse and said they are not privileged to that information .
They just keep stating November and that's all they can give me .
2016-10-26
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Mine still says shipping in November I talked to a guy from apple and he said it's November and I will get an email when it's on it's way. Mine also has the cancel button but I'm not chancing it I'll wait.
2016-10-26
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

I have tried to ask DJI representatives on this forum and Facebook group about the supply status of Mavic Pro with Apple and while I have seen replies to other comments on same posts as mine, my questions remain unanswered... I am not sure what is going on but it makes me feel like either they have supplied plenty to Apple for their worldwide launch on November 2nd but they don't want to tell in order not to further frustrate / upset those who are still waiting their Mavic ordered from other retailers, or they are short in supplying Apple too but they don't want the community to know yet to avoid the same complaints about delays as there was against DJI online store. Ken, Ed, Adan, any comment?
2016-10-26
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>

I'm not complaining yet , as dji always stated 2nd November for
apple orders ..
but seems odd that they would hold off apple selling when other suppliers are allowed to sell
2016-10-26
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

As I said earlier, a Christmas gift ;-)
2016-10-26
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

It would NOT  ...

When the demand has stabilised you might be right. But for initial deliveries you ar wrong. Retailers are getting theire mavic by air. ( I personally know retailers telling me this )
2016-10-27
Use props
disguy2k
lvl.1

Australia

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-26 08:36
I hate to keep explaining this, but I am not talking about orders from DJI. I am talking about ord ...

These products will NOT come by boat. They travel by air on a cargo aircraft. It's a 747 which only carries cargo on pallets. If there's space, it will travel on the cargo hold of passenger jets. (In one of these )

Do you really think Apple has 2-3 months to spare in between production to putting a new iPhone on shelves? That's how long a container ship takes to get from China to either side of the US. No gadget company does anymore. The full supply chain from resources to middleware to end product is all done in China and then flown to where it's needed overnight.

2016-10-27
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.2

I ordered via Apple Uk on 01/10 & my order still states delivery November but no specific date.
I contacted Apple customer services yesterday as I had heard about shipping delays(as we all have) she told me that they had not been made aware by DJI of any delays with their expected stock/orders.
So finger crossed.
2016-10-27
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

I still wonder why any DJI representatives haven't been willing to tell us if their supply to Apple is still on track or not. We will know on next Wednesday if we see some shipping notices coming in. I ordered mine right the next day of the announcement that was on September 28 (in Asia).
2016-10-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules