2226 2 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aerialview..
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5743967 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I setup the datalink last week, Phantom2 with iOSD mini FPV, using an iPad mini. Updated all the firmware and everything seemed to be working fine.

I assigned the Main Controller on the iPad and it could connect and see the aircraft. All good.

I then had an issue with my h3-3d which got bricked when updating firmware on the P2, I sorted this by resetting the gimbal and reinstalling the firmware. I thought everything was fine until yesterday I noticed that the iPad couldn't connect to the aircraft.

I reinstalled the iPad GS app but now don't have the original name that I assigned and I'm not getting a NEW option when launching the GS.

I then noticed red LEDs on the BTU and datalink so I connected it to the PC software (on Mac but using Parallels) but all the firmware was up to date. Research it a bit more and have tried updating/overwriting firmware again but still no joy - LEDs remain red.

Have also tried via P2 application to reset the BTU, this turns the BTU LED green while connected to the P2 (via the iOSD) but as soon as I then disconnect and plug it back into the Datalink it's a red LED.

I'm a bit stuck now, one option is to send it back for testing/repair but wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas or things to try. Thanks.
2015-2-4
Use props
ccrtr1997-zurke
lvl.1
Japan

I have a similar issue with a new 2.4G DATA LINK, upgraded firmware on ground unit  and BTU, air unit was up to date.  The data links connect as shown by LEDs, but BTU LED remains solid red and iPad Air 2 does not connect.
2016-1-9
Use props
Cocreatr
lvl.1
Japan

ccrtr1997-zurke Posted at 2016-1-9 19:44
I have a similar issue with a new 2.4G DATA LINK, upgraded firmware on ground unit  and BTU, air uni ...

How it resolved for me:  re-upgraded the whole shebang and after each upgrade, closed the app and then power cycled.  Reconnected air unit  to S900 A2 controller and used the CAN2 bus from the PMU. Ground unit and air unit finally connected as shown by the RX/TX LED on both (LINK LEDhad been green before).  Still the BTU LED remained solid red.  Tried in GS app to reconnect, and moved the slider from ON to OFF, then ON again. Finally the S900 showed up, and the BTU LED turned green. It does not show Bluetooth connection with iPad, it shows connection with aircraft controller.  Not so intuitive, as the LED on the craft shows connection status already.  Anyway, GS showed my iPad's current position and the craft not  nearby but thousands of kilometers away. Hope this fixes once I do a full compass calibration out on the field.  
Update:  in the field, after compass calibration and GPS lock, everything looked Ok. The S900 appeared in proper position and I touched the template button to enter an area scan pattern. GS App crashed on my iPad Air2 iOS 9.2. Happened when I had closed all other apps before, just restarted GS and  the waypoint maiden worked without incident.  Banked turns was not a pretty  choice for the right angles, but button to return home worked  ok, and I could control gear up/down with the RC transmitter.
2016-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules