Mavic Crash Atti mode
123Next >
11572 91 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N3VO
lvl.1

Mavic Crashed today. (no this is not my first drone either) So here is what happened from a visual stand point. it was flying fine and I was brining the drone back in to land (battery was at 40% ) low elevation, no higher than 16 feet at any point and all of a sudden the drone just takes off to the left and controls would not bring it back, I looked down at the remote and it had gone into Atti mode but I had no control of it - counter movements did nothing, very odd seeing that I should've had full manual control. anyways it ended up getting caught in some brush and landed upside down. I really dont know what happened, I never had this situation with my Phantom. I have synced my flight log to the cloud, I am assuming this is how DJI can review it? ( I am not sure if others had read my thread about my Mavic having a screw that fell out of it when I first got it, the screw looked like it was never installed and I had contacted DJI support and they said I could return it, but with no date for exchange, Definitately not the normal 2 weeks I was told. so I decided to fly it instead as many said the drone should be fine, and up until this point it did run fine.  I just decided to include that in there because since the crash, It was about a 5 ft fall, I can now hear another loose screw in there, I really dont know if this has anything to do with it? Return to home was not used.

The drone was calibrated the day before for GPS and there were no errors when taking off, and I waited for GPS to lock when hovering before moivng the drone. It does say weak GPS signal a few times during flight for a second. If you look at the map below you will see I was relatively close to some powerlines as well, which may explain GPS interference. but my big question is why would it fly on its own in once switched to ATTI mode?

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... _id=GENERALOverview

Link to video of flight on DJI app
https://www.dropbox.com/s/01x0nlwhivs33yy/IMG_0899.MOV?dl=0

if there are other proper steps to getting a flight log to you guys or DJI please do let me know!

2016-10-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is encouraging.
2016-10-30
Use props
jonty2
lvl.2

New Zealand

As an experienced pilot if I can't take manual control and given it seems the automation has gone too far this time I think it's time for me to cancel
2016-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

https://healthydrones.com/sync-app-ios
You can load them up on this healthy drones and post the link here,
Although I have never had to do it it's done all the time over at P4 forum
You can also check the the flight path on the dji go app, if you play the flight back you will see at the bottom the stick movements so it may show what these were when it went into Atti.
Sorry to hear about your crash, hope you get sorted..
2016-10-30
Use props
qMvQTfjUrm4z
lvl.4

United States

Concerning.  Following
2016-10-30
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

oh wow....lets wait and see how dji will address these issues......
2016-10-30
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

jonty2 Posted at 2016-10-31 07:52
As an experienced pilot if I can't take manual control and given it seems the automation has gone to ...

+1

Some of these issues are a real worry.
2016-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well I had a look but sometimes it's like a hen looking into a bottle,
You were surrounded by a lot of trees so there was always going to be a problem with signal, don't know if you checked your own log that should tell you if the drone was not reacting to your commands on the controller.
Dji should be able to tell you if there was no reaction as you say when it went into Atti, screws falling out of the drone well that can't be a good thing.

2016-10-30
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

This is the third time i am seeing these issues .. This should be bug title - Unresponsive controls when Drone switches from GPS To ATTI due to poor signal
2016-10-30
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

United States

Another $1300 crash. Following.
2016-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HjM4qzGDMUeQ Posted at 2016-10-31 01:21
Another $1300 crash. Following.

$750 he still has RC and hopefully he is covered either by warranty or dji care refresh..
2016-10-30
Use props
agentbb007
lvl.2

United States

Wow another mavic that started going crazy and crashes itself. I'm really glad I purchased the refresh kit. And actually might be a good thing I ordered a combo on the second day so hopefully they can work out some of the bugs before I get mine.
2016-10-30
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 08:32
You were surrounded by a lot  ...

Here is a link to a video upload of the flight record through the DJI app. sorry I dont know how to upload the file to here so I just took a video of it.

you can notice that I move forward on the Rutter for a second, then let off and it continues to fly forward without it being touched and also that I Tried to hit left on the joystick to turn it from going right, into the woods, and there was no response, twice.
2016-10-30
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 08:32
You were surrounded by a lot  ...

Here is a link to a video upload of the flight record through the DJI app. sorry I dont know how to upload the file to here so I just took a video of it.

you can notice that I move forward on the Rutter for a second, then let off and it continues to fly forward without it being touched and also that I Tried to hit left after that to turn it from going right, into the woods, and there was no response, twice.
2016-10-30
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the same symptom described as all the other crashes I've heard about. Zero controls.
You should check out your controller calibration to see if your left stick is "sticking" on the screen like the others.
2016-10-30
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

What phone was it? Android or IOS?
2016-10-30
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-10-31 10:40

Iphone, IOS
2016-10-30
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-10-30 22:40

HealthtyDrone Report Page ->  controls under general - MavicPro/iOS DJI 3.0.1
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
After received your aircraft, our engineers will analyze the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
2016-10-30
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-30 23:02
Sorry for your crash.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
After received your aircraf ...

I havent recieved a case number for this, but I did have one for when the screw falling out was reported, would that one do? or should a new case be made?

Thanks
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

N3VO Posted at 2016-10-31 11:36
I havent recieved a case number for this, but I did have one for when the screw falling out was re ...

I would call in the morning 818-235-0789 and start a new case.
What is the DJI email you use, I will take a look at your flight.
Also, you were 10ft up, it didn't hit anything did it?
The flight record from the app will give some data, but the DAT file from the flight data recorder gives tons of information and they should be able to tell what happened.

2016-10-30
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-30 23:41
What is the DJI email you use, I wi ...

basketball8457@yahoo.com

Thanks Ken,
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Perfect, thanks
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I can check the case number in the system according to your email address. CAS-298479-H5N9H7
And our support had sent the shipping label to you on Oct 26.
Could you please double check your mail box?
2016-10-30
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-30 23:41
What is the DJI email you use, I wil ...

and no it didn't hit anything, its a paved road so the tree line/branches were out the way. I also had obstacle avoidance on, so I am not sure why the drone didn't stop when headed towards the brush/branches at the end.
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

N3VO Posted at 2016-10-31 11:58
and no it didn't hit anything, its a paved road so the tree line/branches were out the way. I also ...

No problem, looks like Mindy is taking care of you so you should be good.
And sorry for the crash.
2016-10-30
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-30 23:55
I can check the case number in the system according to your email address. CAS-298479-H5N9H7
And o ...

Hi Mindy,

I haven't received a label yet, but I can print one out, would you like me to print that and send the drone back with that case number?

Thanks
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

N3VO Posted at 2016-10-31 12:03
Hi Mindy,

I haven't received a label yet, but I can print one out, would you like me to print tha ...

Maybe it was recognized as a junk mail. Could you please double check again?
2016-10-30
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 00:11
Maybe it was recognized as a junk mail. Could you please double check again?

Found it, would you like me to send the drone back with this label?

2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

N3VO Posted at 2016-10-31 12:14
Found it, would you like me to send the drone back with this label?

I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
2016-10-30
Use props
manhoolee
lvl.1

China

I think it maybe a good idea to sell my order and get another one a few months later. It seems that the Mavic is not ready, both the software and the hardware.
2016-10-30
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Curious how much of the signals MUST be "line of sight"? Concerned about the out of control mavics. I was really excited about getting one (my order was cancelled by seller) and trying to take everyone's personal issues with the Mavic with a grain of salt. Getting harder to ignore the issues and starting to consider a P4 as my first instead. Hope all the bugs are worked out by Dec/Jan when Mavic is actually ready on a mass level.
2016-10-30
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Curious how much of the signals MUST be "line of sight"? Concerned about the out of control mavics. I was really excited about getting one (my order was cancelled by seller) and trying to take everyone's personal issues with the Mavic with a grain of salt. Getting harder to ignore the issues and starting to consider a P4 as my first instead. Hope all the bugs are worked out by Dec/Jan when Mavic is actually ready on a mass level.
2016-10-30
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Not sure why my post never posted (hope it doesn't show twice). I was excited about the Mavic (my Sept order was cancelled by seller last week) and I've been taking people's personal issues with dji or Mavic with a grain of salt. The more I see/read the harder it gets to ignore. I'm getting closer to passing and going for a P4 as my first drone.
2016-10-30
Use props
duke_gg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12178 ft

Japan

【following】
2016-10-30
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Sorry about duplicate post... that's what I get I guess for being mobile.
2016-10-30
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

so this is what we get when they are rushing the production?  Wow, now I am scared to receive mine
2016-10-30
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

Im forced to purchase this care refresh with all these issues popping up (when ever I finally receive mine that is). Sorry about your Mavic N3VO, I would be sooo bummed
2016-10-30
Use props
jschou86
lvl.1

United States

This is exactly what happened to me last week. So far DJI support has given me mixed messages. Email is trying to dismiss this as pilot error,  but when I called they said it's a possible issue and they are escalating to their supervisor. I don't know who to believe now. This is frustrating, plus I been flying racing drones for a little bit now, first time I had a drone that would go off on its own and be non responsive.
2016-10-30
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I think dji is pushing to hard in the assembly line and they are not manufacturing the drones to its standard, he mention there was a los screw inside the box I would be very worry I prefer that dji doesn't  pressure the manufacturing company. I place my order on the 1st of Oct and it will be a month so I am not worrying about the drone coming later this month,  I just want to fly the drone have it fall on someone or in someone's property.
2016-10-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules