Update Firmware V3.10 Dumb Question
1192 4 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunchuck.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I am reading posts all over regarding the V3.10 update.  DJI says remove it .

I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus
I updated all items I could last week.  All went fine.  Calibrated all that could be. Have made several flights and all has gone well.

Question- If all is fine should I downgrade to V3.08 as suggested or did I get lucky and all is ok with my Phantom on V3.10???

Thanks,
Chuck
2015-2-5
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

no dumb questions...

some might tell you that if you are flying properly dont mess with it.  my concern with that theory is that if DJI sends out specific instructions to all users to remove it, i would put a lot of emphasis on that suggestion.  mostly because to date they have not necessarily been a company that communicates that often with its customers so for them to go so far as to send out a broadcast to us, i would take it very seriously.  

the other reason i would likely downgrade is so that when i next upgrade (once these issues subside) my version would be going from  3.08 to whatever new one and not from 3.10 to whatever new one.  not certain i would trust that they would test that scenario well versus assuming that we all followed their instructions.  

lastly, if something went wrong and you were on 3.10, my sense is that would be the first thing a manuf could point to as a reason for your problems even if it werent.  so backing it out, while extra work for you and seemingly unnecessary,  would avoid this potential scenario.

my 2 cents...
2015-2-5
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi Chuck,
the fact that DJI have actually published a recommendation to downgrade, given their reputation for diabolical (or non existent) comms, would indicate that they have a serious known problem here.  I also had 3.10 and it flew faultlessly however, I am not going to be the one to find the UXB in this upgrade, so sadly down to 3.08 it is!  So your call, based on known facts and remember-- whatever happens it will be your fault!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

I saw some guys still fly smoothly without any problems.
BUT, since there are already an serious announcement to suggest to downgrade, we'd better do that.
2015-2-5
Use props
sunchuck.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all for the replies.

I went ahead and upgraded/downgraded to v3.08
2015-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules