does the mavic have issues?
2518 36 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3

Does the mavic have issues or is people just pulling them out of the box and flying them not knowing what they are doing? was planning on buying one but I can hold off if there is real issues.
2016-11-1
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No there are generally issues, the most worrying is LOC, loss of control.
The mavic will do what ever and you have absolutely no control over it.

It happens both while using android or ios.

The aircraft currently is not save to fly, trust me.
The evidence is out there, wait for firmware updates to resolve LOC first
2016-11-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I find it is time for DJI to tell people not to fly them anymore, because they CAN NOT TELL what causes it yet and the most responsible way is to tell their customers not to fly it anymore to avoid damage to the craft and surroundings AND to extend the warranty for early adopters from the moment they found the cause, fixed it, and people can fly again.

Buying one now and let it sit for months before they figure it out? Waste of waranty.
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

They should learn the lesson from Samsung. Ignoring it and not accepting that there is problem is becoming a little farcical when every day a new case of LOC is reported. If this injures a child then it could be a PR disaster when there is evidence that they knew these issues were happening but did nothing (publicly) to remedy it.
2016-11-1
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I'm not speaking for DJI, but:

1.  Not everyone is having problems.  I'm seeing plenty of videos popping up on YouTube from people not mentioning any problems at all
2.  Not sure they are ignoring it.   Just because they aren't issuing a statement about issues doesn't mean they aren't busy trying to resolve them for a firmware update
2016-11-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-11-1 18:45

1.  Not everyone is having problems.  I'm seeing plenty of videos p ...

not everyone is YET having the problem. How many flights have people done? Some have it with their first flight, other with 2nd or 3th one, the other dude had it after his 10th flight! So, you cannot say: not everyone has it. It is a matter of time when they will experience it.
2016-11-1
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7418 ft
United Kingdom

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-11-1 17:45

For me that inconstancy is worse. Some having issues some not!
That makes buying a £1000 drone a lottery, which is absolutely unacceptable!
I am with the thought that DJI should issue a no fly notice to cover themselves until the major LOC issues are resolved.
Yes, it will do some PR damage but not as much as it would if someone does actually get properly hurt and they said nothing.

I am hopeful in time this will work it's way through, but as I said in a previous post this leaves me with a greater concern that their product quality assurance processes are substandard and in need of a serious review.

I am personally disappointed as I wanted to order one by now, but that will not happen with this current situation.

2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hardly any Note 7s went up in flames relative to the amount sold.
2016-11-1
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3

I may hold off then and see what happens hate to have a $1000 paper weight right now.thanks for the responses
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

My order has been cancelled.
2016-11-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-1 18:57
Hardly any Note 7s went up in flames relative to the amount sold.

I guess you mean it is warranted to call them back... because it can happen to everyone. Then I'm with you.Just like they should now tell people not to fly.
2016-11-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

fans05e6c58a Posted at 2016-11-1 19:00
I may hold off then and see what happens hate to have a $1000 paper weight right now.thanks for the  ...

Same boat. I'm waiting for stock to arrive in stores. But before I see a firmware update coming out that (hopefully fully addresses this issue) I will not buy it anymore.

My eager to buy one has dropped significantly.
2016-11-1
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

I still have my original order from September with B&H and then I just placed a Newegg order for the combo since the batteries may take forever to come in. Thinking of canceling the first order and waiting for the combo to be sent Dec. 15th, maybe things will be sorted by then.
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2016-11-1 18:22
I guess you mean it is warranted to call them back... because it can happen to everyone. Then I'm w ...

If it is a hardware problem like the Note7 was then I don't see how they have a choice but to recall them. If it can be fixed in software then they need to tell people to not fly until this fix has been issued. The complete lack of acknowledgement is what I find disturbing.
2016-11-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-1 19:48
If it is a hardware problem like the Note7 was then I don't see how they have a choice but to reca ...

I was first talking about what samsung did, recall them. In DJIs case, not fly them.
2016-11-1
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3

I don't know why a company would launce a product without vigorous testing and im not talking about beta firmware.final firmware results if tested with 100 drones and 20 have issues then the product is not ready,just a example.there is no sense in loosing customers in a try to ship it now fix it later attitude.it only takes 1 out of control drone to hurt someone why risk it.
2016-11-1
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

How does DJI Care work with all of this? I've been reading some horror stories of flyers failing to convince its not pilot error in the past..Is the $100 worth it..is it better to get private insurance?

Is DJI not responding to all of these "issues" the Mavic is having?

Only person I see helping is Tahoe Ed

2016-11-1
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>
United States

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-11-1 12:05
How does DJI Care work with all of this? I've been reading some horror stories of flyers failing to  ...

I filed my case yesterday with DJI about LOS and they told me that there is a Holiday in China today and not to except a response from DJI until tomorrow.
2016-11-1
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I'm sure there is very sensitive financial balance DJI is relying on  .  .  .  I have no idea what kind of capital they have but they have 2 options.  Do nothing in terms of updates or recalls and hope nobody gets injured all the while enjoying all the wonderful profit$  2nd option, do the right thing and recall BEFORE someone gets seriously injured and give up some of the profit$.

Not releasing too many right now in hopes they don't have to recall, and if they do recall it will only be the 100 or so they shipped out vs the 200,000 they probably have orders for . . . . recalling 200,000 could mean disaster for the company . . . .  so someone at the top is saying "F that!"
2016-11-1
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-1 12:14
I filed my case yesterday with DJI about LOS and they told me that there is a Holiday in China tod ...

what holiday
2016-11-1
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>

I have no idea, just looked at a Calendar and it does't show anything. I just emailed the the rep back asking what Holiday he was speaking of and he replied "Nov 1st"     This is so frustrating!
2016-11-1
Use props
ferrari-458-ut
lvl.2

United States

Our business is based in Beijing and there is no Holiday for our company on November 1st.  Maybe the people in Shenzhen have their own special Holiday but probably just another excuse   I love these emoticons they are great, people should use them more often.
2016-11-1
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be fair, it is one sexy paper weight
2016-11-1
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-1 12:14
I filed my case yesterday with DJI about LOS and they told me that there is a Holiday in China tod ...

But I bet if you wanted to contact someone at DJI about taking your cash $$$ you would get a return email or call right away....sad
2016-11-1
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-11-1 10:45

How many people do you think are having problems yet don't write about it on the forum??! Probably a lot more than are "in" this forum...
2016-11-1
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

I grounded mine, after the scary LOC at the first flight... and I was one of those who criticized not having a "manual" switch, so I was prepared to a similar issue.. but I wouldn't have imagined that it would have happened at my inaugural flight!
I would suggest them to issue a statement to not fly the Mavic until they examined all our flight logs and then issued a firmware update... but i'm not DJI.
2016-11-1
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

I would reply to this thread but there is a holiday in my house right now.
2016-11-1
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh no.... It is being sick again....
2016-11-1
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

Defective lens. Will not focus when touch to focus. Corners are soft. Spent an entire flight trying to focus and also do a wall test. Corners are soft.
2016-11-1
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Probably why its taking so long
2016-11-2
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

8atU4uGb2cGi Posted at 2016-11-2 15:18
Probably why its taking so long

Wanted to post is yesterday as a joke... But it is 1 year old footage. Funny Gizmodo now even posts this as news.
2016-11-2
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying my Mavic since 5 days before the introduction.  I have had no issues with my unit.  Repeat none.  Is DJI telling users not to fly their units, no.  We are aggressively following up on all reported issues.  We issue RMA's and request flight data logs.  As with any new product there will be a limited number of issues reported.  If our prior products are an indication the percentage is very low and we will deal with those.  The Mavic is different from our other products in that it attracts users that have never owned a drown before.  That is GREAT.  However, they have to go through a learning curve.  The number of crashes while flying indoors is an indication of that.  We will get through this.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans1fe13d21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12881 ft
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-2 07:39
I have been flying my Mavic since 5 days before the introduction.  I have had no issues with my unit ...

Any reason why....in your mind.....they removed the ATTI function?  In case of an emergency or if I need to "regain" control of my mavic I would like to do it on my own terms and not allow the technology of it to do it for me....
2016-11-2
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-2 09:39
I have been flying my Mavic since 5 days before the introduction.  I have had no issues with my unit ...

As with all launches (hardware or software) the forums are going to magnify problems because we all rush to get help from forums when something happens.   So I always take issues reported on forums with a grain of salt (when it comes to thinking a problem is an epidemic) because usually it's a small number of units in the wild that are having issues.   Forums are magnets for issues so you are naturally going to think it's widespread if you just take anecdotal evidence from reading posts.
2016-11-2
Use props
uKR2CJ1ZAmoK
lvl.1

United States

Sometimes I noticed my going in altitude without command.  Considerably gaining altitude.  I allow it to rise 50ft or so before trying to decrease altitude.  Eventually it just starts working.  I've calibrated controls, compass,  and Imu.  No change.  
2016-11-14
Use props
uKR2CJ1ZAmoK
lvl.1

United States

*gaining altitude *
2016-11-14
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I have a malfunctioning compass 2... Cannot take off. Waiting DJI Support to confirm to me that I can ship back my unit for repair since Apple does not have any replacement unit available until next year...
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules