RC Firmware update
3089 32 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400817 ft
United Kingdom

With my P4 the DJI Go app doesn't report the version of the RC, it just shows  "N/A". How do I upgrade the RC firmware without using the DJI Go app?
2016-11-1
Use props
userdedfc06f86
lvl.1

Hi Paul,

How did you get on.  Having issues connecting the DJI Go app here.  Plugged in another device and it connected straight away and then allowed me to update the controller.  Now Apple have decided to update IOS... still trying to get original device to work.  Interested in hearing what you found out.
Regards
Greg
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Paul, may I know what mobile device you are using? have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it? or restart all the device?
Just as Greg mentioned, you could try another mobile device to connect it and check again as well.
2016-11-1
Use props
zott
lvl.1

Hi Paul,

I sorted mine.  for the time being anyway.  after rebooting and reinstalling everything right down to clean instal of IOS, I simply put it into Airplane mode and bingo... it conected.  Turned Airplane mode off again and it was fine.

Greg
2016-11-1
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Belgium

zott Posted at 2016-11-2 08:23
Hi Paul,

I sorted mine.  for the time being anyway.  after rebooting and reinstalling everything ri ...

Thanks Zott, i have the exact same problem as paulh.

I tried multiple mobile devices, reset controller, reinstalled the app multiple times and the controller always shows RC Firmware as N/A.

I will try what you mentioned and see if it works.

@paulh, please let me know if you manage to get yours working.
2016-11-2
Use props
fansbf6e9576
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-2 04:32
Hi Paul, may I know what mobile device you are using? have you tried to delete the APP and re-instal ...

I am using a Google Nexus tablet. I have tried several times to delete and reinstall the app and have restarted everything several times.

I tried Zott's suggestion of switching to airplane mode but unfortunately it made no difference.

One thing I did find - if I turn on the P4 first and allow it to do the self test before turning on the RC, the DJI go app then reports the firmware version of the P4. However, the RC version still shows as N/A

This problem appeared when I updated to DJI Go 3.0 and is still there with DJI Go 3.0.1.

Is there a way to go back to the pre- 3.0 version of DJI Go?

Paul
2016-11-2
Use props
fansbf6e9576
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Further update - I tried using my phone (One+ 1) instead of the tablet. With the phone (and DJI Go 3.0.1), the RC version was correctly reported but it didn't show the P4 version number. I was able to use the phone to update the RC to version 1.8. After the RC update, I again tried the Nexus tablet. The tablet still doesn't show the RC version.

It looks like the version number reporting functions are a bit of a lottery with the current DJI Go application!

Paul
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansbf6e9576 Posted at 2016-11-3 06:45
Further update - I tried using my phone (One+ 1) instead of the tablet. With the phone (and DJI Go 3 ...

Have you noticed the firmware version number when it showed up on your phone.
Both aircraft and remote are up to date recently, right?
If you fly it, is there no any issue?
2016-11-2
Use props
fansbf6e9576
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I think now I have up to date firmware on both aircraft and remote and I wasn't having any issues with flying since DJI Go 3.0.1 fixed the random "braking now" error messages. I have yet to do a test flight with RC version 1.8. However, it would be nice if the app worked on the nexus tablet correctly and reported the RC version number and also reported the aircraft firmware version regardless of which order the aircraft and remote were turned on. There also seems to be a problem with the app on the phone because that doesn't report the aircraft firmware version number.

To recap -
The Nexus tablet only shows aircraft firmware version if the aircraft is turned on before the remote. It never shows the remote firmware version.
The One+ phone only shows remote firmware version, never the aircraft firmware version.

It would be great if these functions were fixed in a future release of DJI Go so they worked consistently on all platforms.

Another observation - when I used the phone with DJI Go to update the remote firmware version, the app still reported version 1.6 even after the update to version 1.8. I had to restart everything to get the app to report the firmware version correctly. From this, I assume the app only queries the remote firmware version when it first connects. Perhaps a potential improvement here would be for the app to query the remote and aircraft firmware versions each time the "about" screen is launched?

Paul
2016-11-3
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

fansbf6e9576 Posted at 2016-11-3 13:55
I think now I have up to date firmware on both aircraft and remote and I wasn't having any issues wi ...

Ιm having exactly the same issues with you , till now my RC version shows N/A on my nexus 10 tablet and im trying now to find another device to see what happens because on my cell Samsung S4 mini its not showing ether ,  and DJI is asking me to send RC for repair which will cost me alot , im sure its from DJI application or RC not compatible with these devices even though i fly with my nexus 10 and never had issues.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansbf6e9576 Posted at 2016-11-3 06:45
Further update - I tried using my phone (One+ 1) instead of the tablet. With the phone (and DJI Go 3 ...

Just to make sure everything is properly communicating, please try the following button combinations:

Please reset the RC by performing the following:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking using the following combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Try to ensure that you have a stable internet connection in order for the firmware versions to appear.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-2 16:14
Thanks Zott, i have the exact same problem as paulh.

I tried multiple mobile devices, reset contr ...

Can you please try what I posted on #11?
2016-11-3
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Belgium

Will try this evening DJI-Jamie and let you know how it goes.
2016-11-4
Use props
paul-h
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I tried resetting and manually relinking. The remote firmware version is still shown as N/A.

It looks like a software issue with DJI Go from version 3.0 onwards.

Paul
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-4 17:34
Will try this evening DJI-Jamie and let you know how it goes.

Please keep me posted.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

paul-h Posted at 2016-11-5 05:34
I tried resetting and manually relinking. The remote firmware version is still shown as N/A.

It loo ...

Just to further troubleshoot, do you happen to have an iOS device, or could borrow one, just to see if it's something solely with the Android version of the Go app?
2016-11-4
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Ireland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-4 06:56
Just to make sure everything is properly communicating, please try the following button combinatio ...

Hi Jamie,

Followed all your steps and everything occurred like you mentioned, beeps and blue lights etc, yet when i go into the About of the DJI-GO app, RC version is still listed as N/A.

Am getting an iPad Mini 2 later today to test and will report back on findings asap.

2016-11-5
Use props
paul-h
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-4 22:14
Just to further troubleshoot, do you happen to have an iOS device, or could borrow one, just to se ...

I'm afraid I don't have anything using IOS

Paul
2016-11-5
Use props
fansf1c0c671
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84501 ft
Sweden

I have this problem,,tried your
suggestion but no tango,,,,i have a sony z and app is reporting na i rc firmware
2016-11-5
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

fansf1c0c671 Posted at 2016-11-5 14:29
I have this problem,,tried your
suggestion but no tango,,,,i have a sony z and app is reporting n ...

I have same issue using a Motorola Droid Turbo 2
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2016-11-6 03:48
I have same issue using a Motorola Droid Turbo 2

Would you please try another mobile device which is in DJI recommended devices list?
Everything functions well except the firmware shows NA, right?
2016-11-6
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-6 18:13
Would you please try another mobile device which is in DJI recommended devices list?
Everything f ...

I am having problems as well trying to upgrade firmware .Every time I go into the App it throws me out .Deleted the App twice and downloaded it on 2 devices a 6 and an iPad . The App works fine with Mavic on the same devices .Any help would be great . IOS 10.0.2
2016-11-6
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Ireland

So i finally got it to update.

I got hold of a Samsung A5 that NEVER had the DJI Go app installed before.

Installed App, powered up RC, Launched App, connected USB and right away the prompt to update firmware was present.

2016-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2016-11-7 02:31
I am having problems as well trying to upgrade firmware .Every time I go into the App it throws me ...

Have you tried an Android device to upgrade it?
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-7 03:05
So i finally got it to update.

I got hold of a Samsung A5 that NEVER had the DJI Go app installed b ...

That's great, please enjoy it and feel free to contact us if any further questions about it.
2016-11-6
Use props
paul-h
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So is DJI planning to fix this in a future release of DJI Go?
2016-11-7
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

paul-h Posted at 2016-11-8 01:53
So is DJI planning to fix this in a future release of DJI Go?

I still have same issue RC version is N/A , DJI should update DJI GO immediately so it is compatible with our devices that we use for flying......Paul did you figure out a solution ????
2016-11-8
Use props
paul-h
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sam999 Posted at 2016-11-8 17:10
I still have same issue RC version is N/A , DJI should update DJI GO immediately so it is compatibl ...

No, no solution but I found the app did report the remote version if I used my phone instead so I did that to update the remote to version 1.8. This at least gives me a way of keeping the remote firmware up to date while DJI (hopefully) fix the app!
2016-11-8
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Belgium

Sam999 Posted at 2016-11-8 18:10
I still have same issue RC version is N/A , DJI should update DJI GO immediately so it is compatibl ...

Use a phone that never had the DJI GO app before, install DJI Go App, Connect RC, Firmware will prompt for update.

Make sure you have good wifi connection and battery charged so nothing dies whilst doing the update.

2016-11-9
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Sweden

Sam999 Posted at 2016-11-8 18:10

I still have the same problem,tryed,differnt phones and pads both ios and android,,,,still the same ,,,NA in firmware........AC is flying and everything os working but i have no idea what firmware is in my controller....
2016-11-13
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

jesper n Posted at 2016-11-13 12:33
I still have the same problem,tryed,differnt phones and pads both ios and android,,,,still the sam ...

I also still have the same problem , tried Samsung S4,,,,Samsung S4 mini,,,,,Google nexus 10 tablet,,,,, Samsung Galaxy tab 4 tablet,,,,, and all did not prompt for update and RC was N/A......My RC is fully working too but without firmware.......Im waiting to try and hook up an IOS device and see before i put a post to buy another RC,,,, also if you get a soulotion let us know !!!
2016-11-13
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Sweden

I bought a nexus 7 2013,that solved my problem.
2016-11-15
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

Problem resolved , i bought a new NVIDIA K1 tablet and after installing DJI GO it showed me RC need update and so was updated.
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules