DJI GO - ACTIVE TRACK - gone haywire. . . can't use
1341 3 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686975 ft
United States

Does Active Track keep the Drone pointing at your Subject... and YOU fly... or does it fly for you?

2016-11-7
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
United States

2016-11-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheodoreRex Posted at 2016-11-15 07:18
I posted a YouTube video of ACTIVE TRACK in action.  Maybe I am mis-remembering this... but I used t ...

Active track should follow a moving object autonomously (It flies itself). POI would be a better option for a stationary object such as you were filming.
2016-11-15
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
United States

With the new "Spotlight" mode. . . I would love that for the Phantom 4.  I've been using the P4 for about 6 months. . . POI (Point of Interest), Course Lock, and Active Track are my standard modes.  I use them on a weekly basis. . . so I surprised to find the Active Track acting so differently after this last upgrade. . . If it was "flying the bird" so to say. . . I never really noticed it. . . I thought I was in control and Active Track was my assistant. . . I think this is the other way around now. . . it fights with me. . . fights hard. . . to control the bird. . .

The newer upgrades support the P4-Pro. . . which as side obstacle detection. . . perhaps in those circumstances I would let the Software that pilots the bird have a little more freedom. . .

For my purposes. . . ACTIVE TRACK taking more than 50% control and flying where it sees fit (and approaching my subjects . . . zooming in on people. . . ). . . it could be potentially dangerous.  It doesn't try to keep a fixed altitude nor distance (see video above). . . really can't see any good use for it. . .

REQUEST/SUGGESTION:  Hey, DJI. . . Provide a SPOTLIGHT MODE for the Phantom 4. . . so that it keeps the direction of the Drone and the Gimbal pointed at my subject. . . let me fly the drone as I see fit!

2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules