Flight limits
1816 15 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Corné
lvl.1

Brazil

Can enybody tell my what's the normal max hight and max horizontal distance of a phantom vision plus v3 with everything in normal conditions.
I now reach max 160 meters hight and 280 meters horizontal at 50 meters.
I downloaded the Fpv booster and set my RC from EC to FCC, change olso the distance in the asitance this made it go 10 meters further!!??
So I realy like to now what is it because I think it can only be done with a harde were solution?
But then I see al the videos on YouTube in start thinking, I am doing somthing wronge !?
2015-2-8
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Connect to your Phantom with the phantom assistant software and make adjustments under the Advanced --> limits tab
2015-2-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Do you mean the RC transmitter range or your FPV range? If it's the RC range, what happens when you fly out of your range, does fail safe activate and it returns back to you, does it just stop and hover?

Your 280m sound low, however, flying out of sight may not be a good idea anyway.
2015-2-8
Use props
Corné
lvl.1

Brazil

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-8 22:32
Do you mean the RC transmitter range or your FPV range? If it's the RC range, what happens when you  ...

I think I fly out of FPV range, because on the screen I see SINGAL LOS but I can still manage to bring it back in to range again.
The thing is I am using it to make every week a update of a crane that we are building this is now 150 meter high and a want to make a nice top view.
I do this when the side is empty after working time !!?
2015-2-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Corné Posted at 2015-2-8 22:56
I think I fly out of FPV range, because on the screen I see SINGAL LOS but I can still manage to b ...

Which direction is your antenna pointing?  Is it pointing directly at the Phantom or pointing sideways?  Also is the flat top of the range extender pointing at the Phantom?
2015-2-8
Use props
Corné
lvl.1

Brazil

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-2-8 22:24
Connect to your Phantom with the phantom assistant software and make adjustments under the Advanced  ...

Already did that, put them on 200 meter altitude and 1000 meter distance.
But like I descripted in my question I gain only 10 meters, it went from 150 to 160 meters!!
And distance state the same.  
2015-2-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Corné Posted at 2015-2-8 23:05
But like I descripted in ...

Those setting only effect your flight limits, not FPV range.
2015-2-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Corné
Are you sure you have fully charged your range extender?
Maybe I am over stating the obvious but it has a separate charging port and It takes a long time to charge! ie. 4-5 hrs. if it is real low..and the Phantom would still operate though it would only give you minimal range on your mobile if not charging or working properly.
Also when in advanced and changing your flight limits are you sure your changes are taking effect? Plug back in and see if they are where you set them to, this can be finicky and if not saved properly the will revert back to what they were before.
Are you set to CE Mode or FCC Mode?
CE mode is one beep on the RC when power up, FCC  two Beeps on power up.
CE 400 meters, FCC IS 800 Meters open communication distance..
If all the above does not resolve then check pg. 20-22 in the manual and reset/remind your range extender per instructions,
If that fails, maybe need a service on the range extender as some have had them bad from the factory.
2015-2-8
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Corné Posted at 2015-2-8 23:05
But like I descripted in ...

Ah well your topic title says flight limits but I guess you mean FPV range instead. Check extender position in relation to your phantom and beware of other 2.4GHz wifi interference in the vicinity .
2015-2-8
Use props
Corné
lvl.1

Brazil

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-2-8 23:47
Corné
Are you sure you have fully charged your range extender?
Maybe I am over stating the obvious  ...

Yep already did everything you describe in your reply, it dubbel  beebs fully charged directions and everything! Thanks anyway!
But I think I have already the answer that I want there must by somthing wrong!
I mean I think everybody gets further then the figures that I mangent!
Realy I tried everything!!!
And by the way, how can a FPV booster work without any chainging of the hardware!?
2015-2-8
Use props
wazzupbeckham
lvl.1

Hong Kong

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-8 22:32
Do you mean the RC transmitter range or your FPV range? If it's the RC range, what happens when you  ...

tagging along...

what happens when the phantom flies out of the range of the RC?
2015-4-2
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

wazzupbeckham@y Posted at 2015-4-2 23:21
tagging along...

what happens when the phantom flies out of the range of the RC?

It returns "home" same as when the radio gets turned off. It will show "return to home" on the FPV display.
2015-4-2
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Distance of FPV varies with surroundings, I can achieve 3000ft somedays I lose FPV at 2000ft dependant on where I fly

To get the best distance try going up to a height of 400ft and then move slowly away keeping your aerial and RE pointed at your quad,

That said all TX units differ in build quality so yours may be defective or not as good.

If your after a particular view try using ground station instead
2015-4-2
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

280 meters is about all you will get in a place with a lot of WiFi noise.  I have/had the same problem in Los Angeles.  Here when you look at your WiFi antenna in the city you will see no less than 8 usually around 15 home and business networks around you.

I upgraded my antenna to "Stage 2" for my RC unit antennas and now I can go around 750 meters.  You can look at FPVLR.com for the antennas and watch a lot of videos to see the best way to upgrade.
2015-4-2
Use props
wazzupbeckham
lvl.1

Hong Kong

davidw1963@att. Posted at 2015-4-3 00:38
It returns "home" same as when the radio gets turned off. It will show "return to home" on the FPV ...

i'm flying without an FPV..... so i guess i'll know i'm out of range when i see the P2 not responding.... assuming i can still see it....
2015-4-5
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

davidw1963@att. Posted at 2015-4-3 00:38
It returns "home" same as when the radio gets turned off. It will show "return to home" on the FPV ...

It returns home if you loose the TX signal. If you reach a flight limit it just stops where the limit is set. There's a difference. You will get a pop up on the screen stating max limit reach, and it will not go any further.  It won't come home though.
2015-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules