New Pilot - PSA
1082 3 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jfattizzi
lvl.1

United States

Hi all.  this is my first post.  I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced.  It is my first aircraft and have wanted one for a long time.  I have spent a lot of time reading and watching videos on how to fly, care for the craft and use the application. I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer or guide me in the right direction:
1. Do the blade guards fit on the advanced?  I have only seen them installed on the standard.
2. Did anyone purchase insurance? Either through DJI or another vendor?
3. What are some of the MUST set settings in the app?  Things like RTH height, etc.
4. What do you carry your Phantom in?  I hate to spend 200 bucks on the box for it
5. What is the advantage of the Carbon Fiber blades?
6. How can i find a local club?  I live in Suffolk County, Long Island NY.

Thank you all!
2016-11-15
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

you can buy a cheap carrying bag on ebay i bought one
2016-11-15
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Welcome!

1. Do the blade guards fit on the advanced?  I have only seen them installed on the standard.
Yes.

2. Did anyone purchase insurance? Either through DJI or another vendor?
I didn't but it might be worth it.

3. What are some of the MUST set settings in the app?  Things like RTH height, etc.
There are LOTS. Everything has a default but you will want to tailor it to your specific needs and situation.

4. What do you carry your Phantom in?  I hate to spend 200 bucks on the box for it
I got a GREAT hard shell backpack from Amazon for $67
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GC2E70S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. What is the advantage of the Carbon Fiber blades?
They are stiffer. No real advantage according to most.

6. How can i find a local club?  I live in Suffolk County, Long Island NY.
Check meetup.com or just post a message here.
2016-11-15
Use props
jayjaybean11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184521 ft
United Kingdom

1 the blade guards should fit the whole range of p3
2 I don't have insurance. if you want some get the DJI care plan as any external agency will charge you a fortune as you are a first time pilot.
3 the RTH altitude I recommend is 75-100m. some say this is excessive but I would rather get my drone back in a minute than not get it back at all as it hit a house
4 I just carry mine in the box as I don't want to spend a small fortune on a bag like you. the box and all the cardboard inside has protected mine for about a year now
5 they make the craft move quicker. I don't recommend them for beginners as you need time to learn the craft. the plastic props would be fine for now.
6 try contacting your local RC aeroplane field. most of them can be found by typing your town and then RC aeroplane club. my local one allowed me to fly at their location.

hope this helps and enjoy the drone.
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules