Firmware update fails
1958 12 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf670cf34
New

United States

I haven't used my drone for a couple of months, so when I turned it on  today I notice a couple of problems.  I am getting no camera view from  the DJI Go app on my Iphone6.  The phone does connect to the drone.  I  also notice that the remote has no gimble control.  Ok, the firmware  needs to be updated.  I download the firmware but when I try to update,  it never gets past 0%.  I don't know what to do now.  Please help.  I  know very little about anything.

Thanks  

2016-11-20
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

What model Phantom do you have?
2016-11-20
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

You can try updating through DJI Assistant 2.
Or, worst case scenario, Reset to Factory Settings via DJI Assistant 2 & then do the Firmware upgrade.
2016-11-20
Use props
fansf670cf34
New

United States

Phantom 3 Standard.  So download DJI Assistant on the Iphone?  I did try deleting the DJI Go app and then reinstalled it but same results....
2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify which Phantom mode you have?
Please try to format the SD card and do the update again.
If still failed to update, please find the update log file and post it here.
36.You could find the update log file by following these steps:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansf670cf34 Posted at 2016-11-21 09:47
Phantom 3 Standard.  So download DJI Assistant on the Iphone?  I did try deleting the DJI Go app and ...

There is no Assistant software for phantom 3 standard.
Please make sure you upgrade it in a correct procedure, if it cannot be done on iPhone 6, then please try it on an android device, which will help.
2016-11-20
Use props
fansf670cf34
New

United States

Phantom 3 Standard.  I did all of the above.  Unless I don't know how to enter the root directory in windows 10, there is nothing on the SD card.  The app did say that a log was sent to DJI.
2016-11-20
Use props
fansf670cf34
New

United States

When I connect the drone to the computer as shown in the video, it says F:/ is not accessible.
2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansf670cf34 Posted at 2016-11-21 10:57
When I connect the drone to the computer as shown in the video, it says F:/ is not accessible.

To locate the issue, after you download it successfully, then you disconnect your home network and connect it back to phantom WiFi, right?
Have you tried to change another mobile device to upgrade it again?
2016-11-21
Use props
fansf670cf34
New

United States

Ok, I used my wife's identical Iphone (without IOS updates) and it seems that the firmware updated successfully.  I do have the camera view on the app but now the DJI Go app says there is no RC signal and I can't get the RC to do anything to the drone.  The far left light on the RC starts off red and then turns green but no RC control.  The drone has red lights on one side and the other side flashes yellow.
2016-11-21
Use props
fansf670cf34
New

United States

Someone suggested re-linking the RC which I did and at least for now, everything is working normally.  I am using my wifes Iphone to fly now but she doesn't like it.  Do you think my Iphone can be made to work?  Is there any inexpensive alternative to the Iphone?  Such as a small pad or screen of some kind that can be used with DJI Go that might not have the issues that I have had with the updated Iphone?  Appreciate and suggestions....
2016-11-21
Use props
Tucky
New

Mexico

fansf670cf34 Posted at 2016-11-21 11:41
Someone suggested re-linking the RC which I did and at least for now, everything is working normally ...

Glad you resolve it, I came into issues updating brand new and update to 1.9.60 without even checking the firmware that the drone came with I was eager to fly it. Regarding an option to the iPhone, I use a Nexus 7 2013 (Ver2) Tablet, it is recommended by DJI and I did have it for a while, no issues.
2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansf670cf34 Posted at 2016-11-22 01:41
Someone suggested re-linking the RC which I did and at least for now, everything is working normally ...

Glad to hear you upgraded it successfully and linked them.
You could have a try to connect your iPhone to the remote again to check the performance.
As Tucky mentioned, it's recommended to get an device in DJI compatibility list:
http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#specs
2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules