phantom 3 pro camera multi malfunction
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joe_mamma
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I have a 3 pro that I had a 3 foot crash that caused the camera to separate, not a huge problem, I replaced the cable and it started moving but not transmitting I finally had enough replacing cables and working on it so I ended up finding a never flown Phantom 3 4k that had controller to copter connection issuses. It came in the mail and turned it on to see the camera/gimbal do the start up dance and everything looked great. I didn't want to wait and figure out the new copters issuses so i pulled the 4k gimbal and plugged it into my pro, immediatly the large cable became extermly hot and the gimbal died. I pulled the battery immediatly and removed the gimbal. I put it back on the 4k and now the copter started smoking from inside the case, I pulled the battery immediatly.
Does anyone have any Idea what heck happened? It would appear that the Phantom 3 4k gimbal isn't compatible with the 3 pro?
Now I own 2 dead copters, best day ever
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear that, phantom 3 4K gimbal is not compatible with 3 pro.
I do suggest you send it in, our engineers will help you evaluate it.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-11-22
Use props
joe_mamma
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the reply,
That now makes me feel better about the P3P that it won't burn up the new gimbal I purchased for it.

alright fast forward>>> I installed the new P3P gimbal and it didn't burn up, it came on and did its start up, the only problem now is i get a "no transmission signal" or "weak transmission signal" error with no image on the display. I formatted the sd card and went through putting the updated firmware in and it doesn't seem to complete the install, it goes to solid red and a steady beep. I checked the text log file and got this error:
[00000676][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
I tried a couple different 64gb cards and it did the same
2016-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules