3733 18 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse69d0386
lvl.2
Flight distance : 580656 ft
United Kingdom

DJI

After nearly two months of delay I have finally received my Mavic pro and I was vsry dissapointed to discover that it has  suffered a damage in transit . Gimbal cover was broken straight out of the box and gimbal lock was not in place - it was loose . Box is wearing signs of abuse .    Immediatelly after take off instead of hovering in place the drone flew foward (without me touching the stick) and crashed . I have over 2 years of  experience with DJIPhantoms  and never had crash before .  I've sent the unit back for replacement or refund as accourding to the law when unit arrived damaged refund or replacement must be issued but instead , DJI Europe tries to blaim me (!) for the incident and sent me the bill to cover repair costs !  Crash was not a pilot error , in occured due to dron's malfunction. I've never experienced such a  terrible customer service before - this is completely unaccaptable , DJI Europe is makig this company look really bad .

2016-11-29
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Man that sucks! Crappy situation. Not to mention that we have no clue as to what delays we would be facing if exchanges are necessary. DJI truly screwed up the launch of this thing. Bird not ready, production not ready, we are the guinea pigs.
2016-11-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Sorry to hear of your crash...
With regard to your claim that the Mavic arrived damaged, if that was the case you should never have activated the aircraft, instead you should have contacted dji and courier company, to report the damage caused when shipping, so I don't believe you have a leg to stand on there.
If the drone malfunctioned for some reason that's a different matter, you need to find out why it malfunctioned, you can always replay the flight in dji go and check the stick movements, or try to get one of the mods here to have a look at your flight.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, I've double checked your case.
The aircraft took off in ATTI mode. GPS signal was weak.
You pulled the throttle stick down, then the aircraft drifted and crashed at t= 247s at about 0.4 meters in ATTI mode without any horizontal stick input. We determined the cause of the crash to be pilot error.
Atti mode.png
2016-11-29
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

@DJI Mindy just dropped that big BOOM!

@hallmark007 yep, why would you fly something that looks damage... simply contact DJI and return it.
- The OP shouldn't fly anything, looks like there isn't any common sense.
2016-11-29
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-30 12:05
You pu ...

S   N    A    P

Although 50 people on this forum will still claim its a mavic fault.... because no one would ever lie and fabricate for their own advantage. Disgusting.
2016-11-29
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Just playing devil's advocate here, how is Mindy able to look this person's case up?  Usually, a DJI rep requests the email that the person uses to log into DJI Go or the case number or some sort of identifying information.  Quite possible that there is more to the story but just seemed odd to me.
2016-11-29
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30344 ft
United States

I've long since started to believe that a lot of these mavic crashes and fly offs are due to pilot error, and people are in denial about it or lie about it to get their mavic fixed for free. I also find it funny that in a lot of these cases when someone on the forum asks the person to post their flight records they ignore the request. I take these stories with a grain of salt. There are most likely some faulty Mavics in the wild but I'd venture to say that most of the stories on here are due to pilot error.
2016-11-30
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

Why would you even try to fly with that thing if it arrives broken?
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

MsSea Posted at 2016-11-30 10:15
I've long since started to believe that a lot of these mavic crashes and fly offs are due to pilot e ...

Your right about that, seems to be a noticeable absence of any proof, for many of the so called crashes,
OP excluded from that, looks like he has other problems..
2016-11-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-30 06:03
Your right about that, seems to be a noticeable absence of any proof, for many of the so called cr ...

I think your right. Most of these crashes happen when GPS signal is not present and the operator panics.
2016-11-30
Use props
JH3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 688894 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-30 12:05
You pu ...

Hi Mindy,  sorry for being a little off topic..  But all that extra info you show there, such as battery temperature. Is that available as I'm browsing my own logs on DJI Go app? Or is that something only available to DJI staff? I can't find any extra settings to turn it on. And I would like to be able to monitor my battery temps post-flight.
thanks.
2016-11-30
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

This sounds like pilot error to me. Atti Mode is 100% manual flying, the Forward and Downward Vision System is not going to allow the aircraft to hover in place necessarily, therefore you can expect drifting. If you were in Opti mode, that would mean the DVS and FVS had adequate lighting and thus should keep it hovering in place. This was the point of my post found here - http://forum.dji.com/thread-73307-1-1.html where I did not fully understand the difference between Atti and Opti mode.

Hope you got DJI Care, after a crash it will be tough to convince DJI that it was defective to begin with and you still chose to fly it anyway.
Page 11 from user manual clearly states Atti and Opti differences. Atti = 100% manual flying (expect anything to happen)
Capture.JPG
2016-11-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You got busted.
2016-11-30
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I follow a simple rule. When a thread like this pops up without some sort of video or flight log, it's usually pilot error. It also amazes me how many people don't read the manual.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JH3 Posted at 2016-11-30 22:16
Hi Mindy,  sorry for being a little off topic..  But all that extra info you show there, such as b ...

You can check your flight records in DJI GO app.
As for the battery temperature, you could check it in DJI GO app.
Here is the screenshot for your reference. temperature.png
2016-11-30
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

This guy says " I have over 2 years of  experience with DJIPhantoms  and never had crash before !. Now the trouble with this is he has always had flight stability assistance and I think if you're going to fly some sort of quad/drone I think you need to start with basic mini quads or a simulator until you are confident that you can fly. A guy who lives just around the corner from me has no flight experience and has just purchased a p4. So off he goes flying over houses and no los what a plonker. I asked him what he started off with and he said this is my first drone and their easy to fly. God only knows what will happen when he has to fly with no gps. Here's a video that explains the basics everyone should know.

2016-12-1
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

Warrior200 Posted at 2016-12-1 09:11
This guy says " I have over 2 years of  experience with DJIPhantoms  and never had crash before !. N ...

To teach myself how to get out of really weird situations what I sometimes did with my Phantom 3 is to fly in strong wind in ATTI mode on an open field. I learned to keep the drone stable even when the wind was getting more and less over time just so I can "learn" how my drone behaves and how long it takes to respond from stick input to actual movement in the air.

At least that's one way to teach yourself stuff and be a good pilot I guess
2016-12-1
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I started with rc helicopters 10 years ago then multi rotors 4 years ago. Learning to fly unassisted protects your investment and other people and property.
2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules