Mavic panorama
2223 8 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansee00f5cc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

Tried a panorama with my new mavic today. Quite blustery conditions but it stayed steady enough for me to take 28 vertical photos. This is a much reduced image, I also took dng files at the same time. Quite pleased with the results and looking forward to getting some printed out on large canvases.
Cant wait to be able to use FPV Camera's automated panorama and virtual reality modes when they update the app.

Trent Water Bridport Tasmania

Trent Water Bridport Tasmania
2016-11-30
Use props
Mistral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595059 ft
United States

Great shot, thanks for sharing!

Can you talk a bit about how you took it? Did you switch cam to vertical and then rotated the drone manually a bit after each picture or is there a "panorama setting"? Also, what did you use to stitch it?

Thanks
2016-11-30
Use props
fansee00f5cc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

Mistral Posted at 2016-12-1 16:54
Great shot, thanks for sharing!

Can you talk a bit about how you took it? Did you switch cam to ver ...

Yes, I switched to vertical before taking off. Curious thing was that the auto take off button didnt work so I manually took off. Then I flew to the location facing the preferred direction, ie backwards. I knew there were no obstruction behing the Mavic. Then I rotated the craft to face the start point and took the first photo in jpeg and dng, manually rotated the craft about 15degrees and then took another photo. Repeated this until I was facing the endpoint location, about 180 degrees. Then I started a reverse panorama just in case. Before I did the second set of images I re levelled the gimbal as I had noticed it was gradually going out of horizontal as I rotated. I had intially checked it as level when I started.
I used auto RTH at the finish to check the so called accurate RTH, but interceded as it was nearly landing because it was going to miss my landing mat by about 3m. I dont like landing in grass with its low ground clearance
I have noticed that the Mavic sometimes seems to take a while to level when rotating when flying fast. I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that I have lowered the expo settings to get nice smooth pans.
I used Photoshop to do the actual panoramas and had to retouch the horizon on the far right of the image as it was "stepped". I also use PTGui and an old programme PhotoVista Panorama v3 if the images are difficult. I havent tweaked the images at all probably because I had nice even, soft light that day.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nice shot, thanks for sharing!
2016-12-1
Use props
fans33a6a2ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114259 ft
United States

I saw on some videos there is a panorama function on DJI's app but on mine it doesn't show. I'm using iPhone and I wonder if that's only for android, any clues?
2016-12-15
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

This looks amazing!!     Something id definitely like to try with my mavic (when I get it)

Thanks for the explanation on how you did it
2016-12-16
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

I thought there was a setting in the app to do panoramas? Likewise for a timelapse too.
2016-12-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-12-17 01:08
I thought there was a setting in the app to do panoramas? Likewise for a timelapse too.

You may be thinking of the Litchi app?
2016-12-16
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Nope, I could swear I saw it in a video review of the Mavic a month or so ago. Perhaps I was just imagining things.

No heard much of anything about the Litchi app or any other third party solutions.
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules