Scratches on Lens
2014 5 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zzdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84062 ft
United States

My Mavic has some minor scratches on the lens out of box. It's very hard to see and the photo quality doesn't seem to be affected. However, I noticed some artifacts in a video today. I wonder if the spot is caused by the scratches? If so, I need to send my Mavic back, really don't want do that.

scratch.jpg
spot.jpg
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Have you checked the photos directly from the SD card? you can see that in the same location?
Would you please upload several original photos and a video to dropbox and provide us the link?
Please do not edit them.
2016-12-2
Use props
zzdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84062 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-2 06:27
Have you checked the photos directly from the SD card? you can see that in the same location?
Would  ...

No. I don't see the spots on other photo/video. I think it only shows with sun is at a certain angle. I will do more tests over the weekend.
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

zzdrone Posted at 2016-12-2 21:58
No. I don't see the spots on other photo/video. I think it only shows with sun is at a certain angl ...

Fine, please keep us posted, thanks.
2016-12-4
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

Try the portrait mode and check if the artifact is still in the same position. I suppose it still is but hey, you could give it a shot still.
2016-12-4
Use props
fanscba7cd2d
lvl.1
Belize

Wondering what the glass is made of - not sapphire crystal....................just checked my glass & it has tiny scratches that I didn't notice until I read other Mavic Pro owners have found same on their glass too! By shining bright light on the lens at an angle they are clearly visible - don't know if that affects the image/video but heck I nurse my Mavic like a baby so dunno where these scratches came from at all.........
Replacement glass available ?
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules