battery error on startup
2727 21 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

Hi

anybody ever noticed a battery error directly after switching on the mavic, connecting with the romote + app?
It pops up on the smartphone as a warning (yellow) for a couple of seconds and disappears (it has been 100% charged before)

anything alse is working fine with my mavic  and since its a fly more package I know that this warning only pops up with one of the 3 batteries.
I have flown with the mentioned battery - could not recognize real issues during the last one.

thanks!

2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please post a screenshot of the error message here?
Also you could enter the battery settings to check if anything is abnormal.
2016-12-5
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

Hi Mindy,

yes i will do - today in the evening.
2016-12-5
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

I think it remembers the status of the last battery when you disconnected. After you reconnect it refreshes the old status. This is based on my observations.
2016-12-5
Use props
cassiomolin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250259 ft
United Kingdom

Yesterday I also had about 6-8 battery errors in about 1 hour and 20 minutes flying. I used 4 batteries and had the issue with all of them.
I wonder if it could be related to the low temperature. I was flying above the Wicklow mountains in Ireland and it was cold (like 5°C or maybe less).

AFAIK the yellow warning simply stated "Battery Error" and no other details were provided. In the flight logs I can see the "Battery Error" messages and there's no further details.

All the batteries were fully charged before the flights.

2016-12-5
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Following. I've noticed this too.
2016-12-5
Use props
cassiomolin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Here's a screenshot of the flight logs showing a battery error. I wonder what it means, what's causing the issue and how to fix it.
battery_error.png
2016-12-5
Use props
jteeple
lvl.2

United States

Have you gotten this error  on first time use of the batteries? I did get battery errors the first time I used them as the system updated the firmware (all three). I removed the battery after it updated returned it to the charger and charged it backup and have not got any errors again. This was just my case  
2016-12-5
Use props
cassiomolin
lvl.1
Ireland

My Mavic arrived on Friday (02-Dec-2016), I first updated the firmware and flew indoor. Used only one battery and got no errors.

On Saturday (03-Dec-2016) I used each battery twice. No battery errors.

On Sunday (04-Dec-2016) I was asked to update the firmware again. During the flight I got battery errors for all batteries (I currently have four). I was concerned because one of the errors happened while flying over a lake. I'd say it's the worst moment to face such error.

I will fly my Mavic again very soon then I'll be able to share more updates. Just hope those errors are gone.

2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

cassiomolin Posted at 2016-12-6 02:46
My Mavic arrived on Friday (02-Dec-2016), I first updated the firmware and flew indoor. Used only one battery and got no errors.

On Saturday (03-Dec-2016) I used each battery twice. No battery errors.

Could you please upload all the flight data of that day to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to pass your data to our engineers to check it.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:
2016-12-5
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

hi again

i promised to provide screeenshot and data yesterday.
but with now battery (inserted and switched on indoors)  the message popped up again.

maybe - like cassiomolin also reported, it was related to outside temperatures  -- i was flying also at 5 to 6  °C  last time.
upcomming weekend i will check again.

but i never head any issue during flight.

2016-12-6
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

@Mindy

so.. today happened again.

it's always the same battery (now marked with a sticker to get sure)

outside temperature +12 C°   .. nice conditions.

and this despite the battery error pop up, which disappears shorty after 2 more observations -- sometime during video recording missed frames but worse than that, i completely lost signal when flying for over 30 seconds being 500 meters away at 120 meters height over water..

I already thought  - okay, that was it, its gone..  but luckily and what a relief when the controller restarted on its on and gain connection, it showed on the map, that the mavic was already close to take off point hovering 120M above me, just about to start descending   :-)

I relaxed a bit -- put in one of the other 2 batteries, did similar flights and distances --- no issue at all.

I'll send you a link (will try to PM you) with all log files of that problematic flight and the one after with the "good" battery.
Logs are from the app and drone itself.

thanks!
2016-12-10
Use props
cassiomolin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've contacted the support and I'll send my unit to repair (or at least to investigate) such issue. During the last flight I got battery errors again and the weather conditions were good.

Battery errors shouldn't be considered small issues and neglected (especially when the drone and the batteries are new). I'm really concerned of crashing my drone due to battery errors.

2016-12-14
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

agree .. i also have a ticket case open already
2016-12-15
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

btw -- nothing new with my ticket.

number is: 363309..if anyone can help speed up things -- have a trip starting on 31st of dec. would be good to have all 3 batteries with me.

but to keep the thread up 2 date -- just had to make another screenshot of the app, showing the error to the ticket support guys..  I have no clue why the log file (from app and aircraft) is not enough.
log.jpg
connection-loss-reconnect-error_small.jpg
2016-12-18
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Same here. Battery errors and disconnects.
2016-12-19
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

fyi --  battery returned to dji for analyses. lets see.
2016-12-28
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

This is what happened to my battery. I also have an RMA with DJI for changing or repair.

IMG_0077_WEB.jpg
IMG_0079_WEB.jpg
IMG_0080_WEB.jpg
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CC8877 Posted at 2016-12-28 06:04
This is what happened to my battery. I also have an RMA with DJI for changing or repair.

Did you get in touch with our tech support and send it in?
If not, could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2017-1-9
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Dear Mindi,

I have a case number and they are conducting damage assessment for the battery I've sent.

Thanks a lot.
2017-1-9
Use props
trox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BTW, I had disconnect issues and battery errors, and after cleaning the DJI GO 4 app cache, the cached photos and uninstalled and install the app again, never had those problems again.
2017-1-9
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

Hallo.

My Case is closed now.
The battery i sent in, has been replaced by a new one.

No issues with all 3 other Batterie packs.

Since i just came Back from an adventure week (mavic did a great Job) the only Thing which still made issues was the original USB c cable.

After replacing that with a Premium one - using the bigger USB Port, everything, during every flight was Perfect - no app Connection Drops or live Video Lags

..I will Post a Video shortly :-)
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules