Forward vision problem [SOLVED]
1532 8 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuzzDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105758 ft

New Zealand

Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice. Recieved my mavic today, and have done all the firmware updates etc. I noticed the mavic would only fly forward very slowly but sideways and backwards was really fast. Then i noticed that the forward vision was picking up an obstacle in front even though there was nothing. So i did the forward vision calibration using dji assistant, but still the same problem persists. When the mavic is sitting on the ground powered up but props not spinning there is no obstacle detected, but as soon as i start the props it detects an obstacle.If i turn forward vision off the mavic flies perfectly.
The only thing i havent tried is an IMU calibration, and yes i have removed the stickers off the forward vision cameras.
Any advice would be appreciated. other than this small problem i am stoked with the mavic, its amazing.

2016-12-8
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do the forward cameras look like they're seated correctly?  
2016-12-8
Use props
fans4d624e51
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564190 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic ships  with a clear film covering the sensors. Check to ensure that the packing film has been removed.
2016-12-8
Use props
MuzzDrone
lvl.2

New Zealand

Yes they both look good, and both seem to be perfectly centred in the housing, no obvious dust or marks on the lenses - so the cameras themselevs look fine.
2016-12-8
Use props
MuzzDrone
lvl.2

New Zealand

So i managed to fix this. I wondered if the 13 inch screen on my laptop might not be big enough when doing the vision sensor calibration using DJI assistant, so i tried again on my 24 inch PC screen, and voila the problem is fixed.
2016-12-8
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

So, just that you know, once obstacle avoidance is triggered, it goes into a sort of safe mode, backwards, sideways will go fast always though.  If this happens or when it happens, take the bird up like 20 or 30 feet spin it 180 and hit the throttle and that should do it, otherwise go into setting and turn it off and back on, and honestly, i don't even use that feature for that reason alone !!  PLUS, when obstacle avoidance is turnned off, you will find your aircraft is faster in general, what you are experiencing is normal
2016-12-8
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.2
United States

Also, if you fly directly into the sun, it will trigger the obstacle avoidance, even when there is nothing in front of it, and that it normal to, somewhere in the manual it staes a certain amount of lumons or something
2016-12-8
Use props
MuzzDrone
lvl.2

New Zealand

Mavvy Posted at 2016-12-9 17:51
So, just that you know, once obstacle avoidance is triggered, it goes into a sort of safe mode, backwards, sideways will go fast always though.  If this happens or when it happens, take the bird up like 20 or 30 feet spin it 180 and hit the throttle and that should do it, otherwise go into setting and turn it off and back on, and honestly, i don't even use that feature for that reason alone !!  PLUS, when obstacle avoidance is turnned off, you will find your aircraft is faster in general, what you are experiencing is normal

Thanks for the help :-) I had taken it up to 60 metres but the problem was still there, but i hadn't tried the spin 180 and hit the throttle bit so will definately try that next time if it happens again. Cheers.
2016-12-8
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.2
United States

MuzzDrone Posted at 2016-12-8 23:59
Thanks for the help :-) I had taken it up to 60 metres but the problem was still there, but i hadn't tried the spin 180 and hit the throttle bit so will definately try that next time if it happens again. Cheers.

Yes, sometimes it sticks in that mode for some reason or another, its a pain in the ass, i dont even use it anymore !
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules