Screen Rotation upside down on DJI Go/4 apps
23339 28 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans804fdb10
lvl.1

United States

So I received my Mavic Pro today and when I went to go use it, the App would rotate to landscape in the wrong direction for my device.  So the image on my device is upside down.  DJI support was ZERO help. It's pretty sad that DJI's app cannot read the rotation of th devices.  Anyway.....
So this is to help anyone that has an Android device that doesn't rotate properly.

I installed this app: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ckorientation&hl=en

Once enabled you can set it to rotate the screen as desired on an app by app basis. It's a free app as well.

I hope this helps!
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, to locate the issue, may I know what mobile device you are using? how about the android system? you have disable "Auto-rotate" on your mobile device itself, but that makes no sense, right? would you please post a screenshot if convenient?
2016-12-9
Use props
shoman94.
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 04:45
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, to locate the issue, may I know what mobile device you are using? how about the android system? you have disable "Auto-rotate" on your mobile device itself, but that makes no sense, right? would you please post a screenshot if convenient?

I'm using a ZTE AXON 7 running Android 6.0.1.

Basically the screen rotate 180 out from it being mounted in the controller.  Yes I tried with Auto rotate on or off.  Really the fix is that the App needs to read the orientation sensor of the device.  If it can't do that properly then there should be a setting in the app so you can set it.

Should be an easy fix for the developer of the app.
2016-12-9
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

HEY,  thanks for the tip,  using Samsung s5,  had issues  with app flipping when I moved controller,   but  that screen controller app,  allows you to set the dji ap to how you want it to op, in just a quick click,,, thanks again,,,  works for me
2016-12-9
Use props
shoman94.
lvl.1

United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2016-12-9 09:30
HEY,  thanks for the tip,  using Samsung s5,  had issues  with app flipping when I moved controller,   but  that screen controller app,  allows you to set the dji ap to how you want it to op, in just a quick click,,, thanks again,,,  works for me

Awesome!  Glad I helped someone!  
2016-12-9
Use props
Todd S
New

United States

Same issue here on ZTE AXON 7, screen upside down and there is no manual way that I can find to flip the screen.  Figured the DJI Go 4 app didn't fully support the sensors in this phone, i.e. the app runs great on it, just this issue.   Anyways, went an purchased a 1' micro-usb to usb-c 2.0 cable and figured that might work for now as the usb-c port has to be on the right for the screen to display properly, but unfortunately it didn't work either as I don't get the "usb connect" screen for some reason.  Wondering if special cable from DJI or what protocol the cable I purchased doesn't support.

You can see the issue here.

Will continue to look for solution, but hoping APP will be updated soon.

2016-12-9
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Weird....first thought is it would be the phone doing this and not the app but if other apps rotate correctly then I guess it could be the app causing it.
2016-12-9
Use props
shoman94.
lvl.1

United States

Todd S Posted at 2016-12-9 08:43
Same issue here on ZTE AXON 7, screen upside down and there is no manual way that I can find to flip the screen.  Figured the DJI Go 4 app didn't fully support the sensors in this phone, i.e. the app runs great on it, just this issue.   Anyways, went an purchased a 1' micro-usb to usb-c 2.0 cable and figured that might work for now as the usb-c port has to be on the right for the screen to display properly, but unfortunately it didn't work either as I don't get the "usb connect" screen for some reason.  Wondering if special cable from DJI or what protocol the cable I purchased doesn't support.

You just need to install the app I posted and setup it up to rotate that way whenever the DJI app is opened. Works great.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Todd S Posted at 2016-12-10 00:43

Sorry I cannot access to the link you provided, would you please upload it to dropbox again and let me know the link?
We'd love to figure out where the problem exists.
2016-12-9
Use props
shoman94.
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 21:03
Sorry I cannot access to the link you provided, would you please upload it to dropbox again and let me know the link?

Here is a repost of his photo.
Screenshot_2016-12-11-23-13-03.jpg
2016-12-11
Use props
shoman94.
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 21:03

It's very simple though. The app just needs to read the rotation of the device whether it's flipped one way or another. Otherwise provide a setting within the app to set the rotation.
2016-12-11
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
Australia

"Please see the list of supported devices at http:// ...." ... and hands washed. Or is the ZTE one of those ultra-rare non-Samsung devices on the list?
2016-12-11
Use props
bQleXaeZRC7p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49078 ft
United States

I just had to restart my phone 1 time after that problem and has been working since
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

shoman94. Posted at 2016-12-12 12:17
It's very simple though. The app just needs to read the rotation of the device whether it's flipped one way or another. Otherwise provide a setting within the app to set the rotation.

We've tested on our devices, there is no that issue.
Please try other mobile device and check the performance.
2016-12-12
Use props
shoman94.
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 02:23
We've tested on our devices, there is no that issue.
Please try other mobile device and check the performance.

I'm not trying another device.  This is the device I own.  I'm not going to go buy a new phone because your app has the inability to read the phone's sensor correctly.  That's bad business for DJI to think that's the answer for people.  Out of the 80 apps on my phone...your DJI App is the ONLY one that can't read the direction correctly.
2016-12-12
Use props
fansbbde0db0
New

United States

Same problem with Samsung Note 5.  Anyone know if this has a fix?
2017-2-22
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

fansbbde0db0 Posted at 2017-2-22 12:24

I use the Samsung Note 5, and don't have this issue. maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
2017-2-22
Use props
SupraLB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

That is really odd.   

I have a somewhat similar issue, but it does not bother me.   I have an LG V20.   When exiting the GO 4 app from the flight view, the home buttons are at the top instead of the bottom.  No matter which way I rotate the phone.   They are always at the top of the phone.   This is only while on the flight screen.   Elsewhere in the GO 4 app, the home buttons are in the normal position at bottom.

Again, I don't really care.   Because I would rather those DJI software engineers give us back the Facebook livestream feature for the Android app first.   Its been months on waiting for that fix.
2017-2-22
Use props
xenomat
New

Germany

Hi,

i'm having the same issue with the ZTE Axon 7, current version of the App.
I don't get it... this thing has everything. But i can't rotate the App. Wtf?
2017-3-8
Use props
xenomat
New

Germany

Just found out that i can kind of cheat it. When i start an App which rotates correctly and then switch over to the DJI app it stays in the correct orientation.

2017-3-8
Use props
michaeln416
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595157 ft
Canada

It's not like they even need to read the sensors to get this right. I'd bet the they could simply solve this for the vast majority of devices by recognizing that the device is most likely rotated one quarter turn clockwise to accommodate positioning the charge/data port over to the left.
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

I actually also had a screen rotation issue with my Axon 7. A quick download of a screen rotation forcing app solved my problem instantly.
2017-3-9
Use props
fans8d4ad6bb
New
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-9 11:52
I actually also had a screen rotation issue with my Axon 7. A quick download of a screen rotation forcing app solved my problem instantly.

I have an iPhone 5S is should be supported, but the damn app is upside down! How is something like this possible? if the cable for the iPhone is on the left then the app should be oriented that way. what the hell am I supposed to do I have a $700 iPhone and a $1500.00 Mavis that is no better than a brick!!!! I have not even been able to connect this thing after three attempts and have not had one flight of any kind!!!!!
2017-8-21
Use props
fans8d4ad6bb
New
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-9 11:52

I have an iPhone 5S is should be supported, but the damn app is upside down! How is something like this possible? if the cable for the iPhone is on the left then the app should be oriented that way. what the hell am I supposed to do I have a $700 iPhone and a $1500.00 Mavis that is no better than a brick!!!! I have not even been able to connect this thing after three attempts and have not had one flight of any kind!!!!!
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans8d4ad6bb Posted at 2017-8-21 18:49

have you got the rotation lock disabled
2017-8-21
Use props
fans13ada496
lvl.1
Austria

thanks, works great
2018-2-21
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

fansbbde0db0 Posted at 2017-2-22 12:24

Hm... I've been using a Note 5 for the past 9 months without that or any other problem appearing.  And the Note 5 isn't even on the list of approved devices.  

EDIT:  Whoops.. never mind. I just saw how old this thread is.  My Note 5 is still perfect.  
2018-2-21
Use props
Ronnefors
New
Sweden

Bumping this post. The app goes nuts in my Sony Xperia X Compact (F5321) running Android 7.1.1. Rotating screen all of a sudden. When restarting the app I can get it rotated the right way but then it flips and for no reason it can change back.

I do have a screen rotation app but I rather have the DJI Go 4 app fix that on its own.
2018-3-1
Use props
archi89
lvl.1
Ukraine

The same issue on my Honor 9(android 8.0). Just add a button rotating the screen.
2019-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules