Phanton 3 Standard Gimbal won't tilt manually
1424 11 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeeper90
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft

United States

Like the title says, I have a Phantom 3 Standard P3S. I'm using a Google 7.1 Nexus tablet (Android), The Gimbal tilt will follow an object if I move the quad by hand. The manual knob was working but now is not. The problem I can not manually use the dial on the transmitter to tilt the Gimbal.  I have completed IMU calibration, auto calibrate Gimbal, Transmitter/ Controller calibration (yes, including the dial), I even used my Samsung S6 with no difference. I reset all settings in the Gimbal page, speed is 50, gimbal tilt is of, Gimbal Pan sync follow is on, and Gimbal start/stop buffer is 5.

Any suggestions? Sure would like to have a manually adjustable Gimbal.

Thanks
Chris
2016-12-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It sounds likie the gimbal dial has become disconnected internally. I think I recall someone else having this problem. It is not too hard to fix if you have any electronic repair skills, but if not, you can arrange to send it to DJI for repair.
2016-12-12
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Thanks I will take a look at the internal screw.
2016-12-12
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Nope, not the problem, the variable pot is just fine. Sure wish it would have been so simple.
2016-12-12
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

any help with this issue?
2016-12-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

About the only thing I can think of is to try an RC stick calibration.
2016-12-13
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

I have completed the stick cals several time. I now fine the tilt is working with the dial but it's so slow it's hard to see it is even moving. I found a slider on the right side of the screen when you are using the dial you can slide it on the phone and it works all the way.
DJi Mindy answered on the Service forum and said to check the gain control but I can't find the gain control for the current version of DJI GO (on the P3S.)

any help would be appreciated.
Chris
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jeeper90 Posted at 2016-12-14 10:49
I have completed the stick cals several time. I now fine the tilt is working with the dial but it's so slow it's hard to see it is even moving. I found a slider on the right side of the screen when you are using the dial you can slide it on the phone and it works all the way.
DJi Mindy answered on the Service forum and said to check the gain control but I can't find the gain control for the current version of DJI GO (on the P3S.)

Please go to Gimbal setting-->Advanced settings, and check the gimbal speed as well.
2016-12-14
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem a while ago and the giblets speed was turned to 0, after I set it to 5 all was OK , I had not scrolled down the settings in the section of the app to show gimble speed
2016-12-14
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Im in the advanced settings., no gimbal speed.
2016-12-14
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Sorry no Gimbal gain. Nothing makes the gimbal faster
2016-12-14
Use props
Jeeper90
lvl.1

United States

Sorry no Gimbal gain. Nothing i found makes the gimbal tilt faster.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules